Pomlett, Gamble, Mole, Whalley

Put it down on his list of many Pombites.

I was so relieved when he stopped filming his Pomcast’s. Turns out the club do actually pay some attention to opinions on here :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Still no changes in the boardroom! All quiet at the Bescot.

It will stay quiet in the boardroom regarding the 3 amigos, don’t lump on.

2 Likes

The 4 Horsemen of the Walsall Apocalypse.

4 Likes

IMO the plan is to and I hope I am wrong to run the club in the to the ground sell club land to developer build loads of homes that locals carnt afford and the saddles club is just a smoke screen imo hope I am wrong

1 Like

5 Likes

Whalley has done some great stuff for Walsall. Not quite deserving of the statue Jb was planning I must admit. Let’s not detract from the main issue which Is Pomlett. A clueless clown stumbling from one disaster to the next. Let’s hope the Americans have recognised this. Gamble and Mole just need to move on.

1 Like

Whalley has done some great stuff :joy::joy::joy::joy:

11 Likes

Unbelievable :joy::joy::joy: Roy Whalley

5 Likes

Up 2 u if u think that. He was heavily involved in the happiest walsall fc times of my life under Buckley cup wins arsenal, taking Liverpool all the way. Fantastic football. Fantastic Teams. Too many promotions to mention. Pomlett has completey soured what he’s done in the past. Whalley definetely has not experienced Walsall fighting season after season to stay up in the bottom league. Which I guess is what you are used to. Those will not be his memories

1 Like

Was that at the Montpellier

1 Like

Well spotted :+1:

1 Like

No he wasn’t. Unless you call writing a fan piece in the match programme being heavily involved.

2 Likes

Yes he was. He brokered numerous commercial deals raising millions allowing a sound financial platform in league 1 and the championship

1 Like

I think we were successful IN SPITE of Whalley being there :joy:

7 Likes

You’d guess wrong

Never ceases to make himself look stupid. First sticking up for Bonser and now Whalley. :joy:

Somewhere a village is missing its idiot.

1 Like

The only thing I recall Whalley doing something beneficial for the club was when he had to tell Merson he was on his bike because our No1 fan didn’t have the testicles to do it himself.

2 Likes

Hilarious. Pomlett / Boycott overseeing by far the worst period EVER in Walsall fcs history with no hope of improvement only the inevitable relegation to non league

Check your facts!!!

1 Like

Which facts are you advising should be checked? Do they include the “fact” you dropped in earlier in the thread that Whalley was heavily involved with the club during the days of Buckley, and the games against Arsenal and Liverpool? Those happened in 1983/4 season while Roy was still employed as a school master - he was not involved with the club in any capacity other than as a fan at that time. It was not until Ramsden took over in August 1986 and appointed him club secretary that he held any official position (BTW this also coincided with the sacking of Buckley - or was it this act that you are claiming made you happy back then?)

The reason Ramsden gave him, and Barrie Blower, a role in the club was because of them being leading lights in SWAG opposing Wheldon’s plan to flog Fellows Park and ground share with Blues, and ultimately bringing in Ramsden as our saviour (I know, I know - but that’s Captain Hindsight at work again as at the time no one had any inkling that it would all turn sour, and it was events outside of the control of anyone at the club when it did).

Now I’m not a Whalley basher. I think that back then all our fans were rightfully grateful to him and Barrie for helping save the club, and it’s only some with memory issues who now conveniently forget that they did. No Blower and Whalley then probably no SWAG (or at least not one so effective) - and thus very likely no Walsall FC in 2023. And I also acknowledge that you are correct to say he has made some significant commercial deals over the years to continue keeping us afloat.

But to come on here spout rubbish about him being instrumental in the glory days or the Milk Cup run under Buckley and then tell someone else to check their facts??? That is some brassneck you have there. :flushed:

For the rest of you baying for his blood and blaming him for the last 15 years - what about the previous 20 when he was involved with us enjoying some of the best years in our history? They included 6 of our 9 promotions, 1 of our 2 league titles, our longest ever stretch in the Championship, and our only trip to Wembley. I’d agree that it is probably time for him to step down so that the club can move forward, but he should be allowed to do so gracefully and not run out of town on a rail by an angry mob with pitchforks and very short term selective memories.

The other question that people need to ask themselves is that given their role in saving the club from Wheldon’s groundsharing and then again after the collapse of Ramsden’s business empire, why would Whalley and Blower be complicit in any shady dealings by Bonser and/or Trivella that jeopardised the future of that same club? And likewise why would someone of the international business standing of Pomlett be a willing pawn in some far fetched conspiracy to benefit local tap merchant Bonser at the expense of his own integrity? Neither hypothesis makes any sense.

I’ll repeat it again - time to stand down, but they shouldn’t be forced out and pilloried.

16 Likes