Pomlett, Gamble, Mole, Whalley

Indeed. Putting them all together to be lined up and shot is a step too far. Not say I support any of them, but the all have their individual failings and these deserve to be considered on their own merits, not dealt with in a mass witch-hunt.

Pomlett - lovely fellow, but seems a bit clumsy at the helm
Whalley - did his job years ago, kept doing it. Deserves retirement though after his disastrous handling of fan protests shows he’s turned from fan to club guard
Gamble - sure he knows his numbers, but not a CEO
Mole - example of the Peter Principle in action

4 Likes

He is right. Both Whalley AND Jeff, however much we dislike them - delivered the most successful period of our history.

They also established revenue streams that we still benefit from today and will long in to the future.

They are stone cold facts which do not lie.

However - and this is massive. A few points here tarnish the good points

They were both compliant with a commercial set up which also restricted our potential and made some people very rich via the set up . The lack of clarity surrounding certain points have always made things worse.

The lack of respect shown to supporters in their time can never be forgiven

Eventually their lifetimes work which provided great moments led us back to Division 4. That well run club was left with a new Tennant owner without a pot to piss in. Struggling to compete with Sutton Harrogate and Barrow.

7 Likes

Any revenue streams they set up were to feed the pension fund

10 Likes

With the lack of transparency within the WS1 ivory Kremlin I am sure I read somewhere that the advertising sign was raising enough money to cover the rent and if this is the case all other revenue streams set up went into the club

Like I say with the lack of transparency cannot tell for certain

Whalley And. blower sold their souls to their paymaster bonser. End of

With Both reputations as fans Bring tarnished. By there. Own greed

Both were handsomely rewarded. For their subservience.

Ask wallet about his trips up to the Sneyd pub to visit councillors Whilst the. carve up of fellows park. was taking place

5 Likes

I’m not saying what did or didn’t happen. You are smart enough to work out the reasons they could have though, it makes the world go round.

There are a million reasons Barry Blower could have had a hand, allegedly.

2 Likes

A nice change of postcode certainly helped pal

People should be be 100% sure of. What truly happened before. trying to defend. Those that were complicit in. Millions being hived off from the club

3 Likes

It’s like some can’t see past a few decent years in the Championship as as some sort of justification for the long term suffocation of the club.

12 Likes

They had to keep sone meat on the cow mate

In order to be able to keep milking it

6 Likes

A parasite never kills its host quickly

7 Likes

3 decades worth of money took out. But highs and levels never reached before. Such conflicting things within a football club.

But he left us where he found us skint in D4. That’s the sad fact of the matter.

4 Likes

I think your comment ‘he is right. Bonser and Whalley were involved in the most successful period ever in the history of Walsall fc’ is completely lost on the inllectual capability of some of the contributors to this thread!!!

Good point though!!!

Eh?

1 Like

I see a lot of this on here - veiled assertions and innuendo but never anything concrete. Is there anyone on here who has the balls to come out and make a direct accusation that any of Whalley, Blower, Pomlett, Mole, Gamble, Whittaker, Boycott & Trivella, or indeed anyone else involved with the club (or the council) has done anything criminal or otherwise underhand that the are happy to put into print with the confidence that there is evidence available for them to disprove a libel charge? It’s undisputed that Bonser’s SIPP received money from the club - who are you saying also swallowed their integrity and took part in any activities that were solely to their own benefit and the detriment of the club?

No “allegedly”, “join the dots”, or “it smells funny” - black and white allegations only please.

6 Likes

If only Davenmanor and Denglen had filed accounts…:roll_eyes:

9 Likes

I’m sure Bonser, Gilman, Whalley et al would have been savvy enough to have every orifice well and truly covered legally.

Whether all the activities were morally in the best interest of the club, I think we all know the answer to that.

8 Likes

It’s been put many times face to face. Asking those concerned to eithier refute or confirm

Strange thing is. It’s always. Brushed aside. With a no comment. Answer

Just. Like. they promised to give a full account of. The. Fellows park move but left it to gamble. To to put a wishy-washy report that he pulled together off the Internet despite having no knowledge. Of anything. That had happened. Which he openly confirmed.

You really should stop trying to defend the indefensible, especially when in receipt of so little knowledge of what truly happened

Strange, how those you are quick, to defend, never bring the libel allegations you speak of against anyone I wonder why this is?

Burried under the foundations at Morrisons Tim

Well, I must say that I find this thread most confusing. I am positive everyone will agree that 99% of Walsall Football Club customers are very satisfied. After all, the executive board are steeped in success, high standards and have undeniably delivered exactly what the Walsall public want for a sustained period of time! What more could they possibly do?

I can only assume the creator of this thread and those contributing do not go to games or have never experienced ‘Walsall FC The Venue Ltd’, as it is certainly not representational of what I see when I head to the mecca of Midlands football for a exciting 4th Division encounter or a well run event in luxurious surroundings.

2 Likes

Not defending anyone or anything other than due process. Here you go again with sideways inferences - where are your specific allegations that you are willing to put in print and defend should the individual deem them defamatory? Saying things face to face or in closed meetings is not the same as accusing somebody of wrong doing in public.

Here’s one to start with. Are you making an accusation that Whalley was taking or giving bribes or otherwise circumventing any laws or other rules? That there were other individuals involved (such as specific councilors that you can name)? And/or that he was part of a conspiracy to defraud in some manner? Or at least he was acting in a manner that more served his own self interest (or that of any other co-conspiracists) than that of the club?

If you are willing to state such a claim, are you able to back it with evidence not only to defend it in any libel action (should any be brought) but also to present to the police, the FA, EFL, local council, or any other interested body so they can investigate and take appropriate action?

Not disagreeing that he’s past his sell-by date and it’s more than time for a fresh approach, but if you are going to trash his whole legacy then it ought to be with actual facts and not snide inferences with nothing concrete to back them up.

BTW Only ever met him twice. Once, breifly, when he was doing the tours of Fellows Park just prior to it being demolished (I was on the one that got filmed and shown on Central News). The other time was after a game when for some reason I happened to be in the <Whatever other name you’d prefer> Suite and I challenged him over something or other that had been going on. Wasn’t impressed with his reply and he came over as condescending and unhelpful (pretty much how you’d expect a school teacher to treat a snotty pupil), but that doesn’t make him a crook or mean he didn’t help save the club or keep our heads above water when we needed it.

6 Likes