Pomlett on new season ticket offer

If they decided to sell season tickets for £100 each, I’d still think we would struggle to break the 3.5k mark. I love pomletts ethuisiasm to get 5k, but its nothing more than a dream, we are a small club surrounded by much bigger clubs who are doing well, we have no chance

4 Likes

I want him to succeed. But he isn’t going to succeed because he’s all talk. Get a winning team playing reasonably attractive football and you’ll get 5k at Walsall, any idiot knows that, have some cup runs maybe??? Ken Wheldon knew how to get folks through the door as chairman of Walsall FC and to some he was the devil incarnate. Ten times the chairman Bonser ever was, and probably what Pomlett will turn out to be.

2 Likes

5k is definitely achievable but we need to see something that has not been seen at the club for some time a good football team and something that has not been seen for even longer ambition and investment. Start of this season with all the feel good factor and good will should and could well have been the start of this .

4 Likes

Season when we finished 3rd behind burton, we was only 15th in the average attendance league, behind Shrewsbury who finished 19th that season which shows me even when we are successful on the pitch we still struggle to get the fans in through the door.

The problem is for us to be ambitious and invest in the team, we need extra fans through the door and the only way to get fans through the door is to show ambition and invest in the team.

1 Like

We were lucky never have we showed ambition and investment. A statement of intent to make people sit up and take notice of us . And keeping hold of players after relatively successful seasons.

How much ambition would it take though to attract another 1.5k fans back, league one will need an enormous investment to be competitive in that league.

Playing attractive football giving people something exciting to watch instead of hoof ball and setting up a team with its main purpose not to concede a goal and bore the opponent to death with its boring style of play would be a start there’s nothing better than word of mouth “the saddlers have been playing some lovely stuff just lately”…”I might pop down and have a look then mate” it’s not always solely about ambition/investment we need to be more attractive as a footballing team in my opinion.

1 Like

Obviously I don’t know the in and outs of the take over but what I do know is this season was the biggest opportunity maybe in our history to push the boat out a little and grow this club but I fear the Pomlett sadly missed this opportunity.

1 Like

He did miss an opportunity to be fair mate can’t disagree with that he also left DC in charge of recruiting new playing staff and oh boy did he ■■■■ that right up.

I agree playing good football plays a big part . Supporters also need excitement in the transfer market instead of the usual cast offs and need to know we can keep hold of good players for a little longer, re investing money from players who outgrow the club .and in general look forward to a better future.

2 Likes

According to reports and those in the know we had a mid table league 2 budget last season when there where a few players on 2 grand a week so what is it this season? you cant tell me this seasons squad has cost anywhere near what Whitney and Keates had to work with something isnt right with the finances for me and the club would help themselves a lot more if they came out and told us rather than begging for extra support and saying they have assembled a squad to get us out of this division when they clearly have not based on whats been served up this season you cant lay it all at the feet of the fans which is what they seem to be doing better players and better results equals more fans and then you have the right to ask for more support.they wont sell 2000 season tickets off the back of the garbage we have seen this season that’s a fact

3 Likes