Pomlett - what has changed?

I too find this notion of just telling them to ‘clear off’ to be armchair management.

Firstly, as has been pointed out, you cant just do that. You cant claim redundancy in such key roles and their job description wont be ‘appoint awesome managers and get us to the premiership’ so proving incompetence would be tough.

Secondly, theyve both been around a while and hold quite a bit of knowledge each regarding behind the scenes parts of the operations. Call them incompetent all you want but they clearly know the operation.
These transfers of power, assuming thats what LP wants, work best over the longer term. Get your own people in, they learn the moves, freeze the old out. You dont march in with a chip on your shoulder saying ‘get out!’.

Thats assuming LP wants them gone. Theyve been loyal servants- they could be loyal to him in future.

1 Like

I am not some wet behind the ears apprentice with no life experience and I don’t think @chunkster is, either. I have been involved in numerous large scale operations, especially within nightlife.

The amount of times someone fairly high up has been unceremoniously removed from their position, or have been bought out of their shares with no board room negotiation (i.e. they were there when we left after work, then were gone with no explanation when we arrived back) is mind blowing.

Even with my current employer, a modern day successful business worth 200m, someone recently was ‘there one minute, gone the next’ before large scale expansion plans were put in place.

The difference between these operations and our club is success! Read into that what you will. A successful business will not allow one or two useless clowns to impact on the growth, no matter what position they find themselves in. Business comes first. A successful business will always find a way of removing anything that is impacting its future growth and success by any means possible.

Get 3 qualified modern day project managers in their place (and probably on a lot less money) and watch everything improve within 4 weeks…

4 Likes

Most companies will ease out employees they don’t want with mutually agreeable severance agreements, but they are obviously going to be very expensive as the employee isn’t going to accept anything other than a hefty pay-off.

Also, don’t you think Mole & Gamble know exactly “where all the bodies are buried”? and may reveal this information if they feel mistreated by the club?

2 Likes

They are very good at carrying out the wishes of the owner who is effectively their employer.

Obviuosly none of which the previous owner wanted. All he wanted was the rent and to make a small profit each year. I think they achieved that quite admirably.
Now the owner has changed their goals will have changed too and I think they will be quite good at achieving what he wants them to achieve.
One thing I’m quite sure will not be included in their targets will be to give the fans whatever they want.

1 Like

Perhaps some Hope, Ambition for starters, let’s be honest and cut the bullshit Gamble and Mole were cheap options i.e. Already working within the club, so both were easy to mould into the Bonser attitude,so don’t even pretend they gained employment through normal channels, pair of tossers.

You think Stephan Gamble was a cheap option?
from the club website:

Stefan has served on the Board of Directors of Walsall Football Club since August 2007, initially as Financial Director and as Chief Executive Officer from July 2010.

A fully qualified Chartered Certified Accountant and University of Liverpool Graduate, he originally joined the Club as Management Accountant back in September 2002 from Accountancy Firm BDO Stoy Hayward.

Working closely with the other members of the Executive Board, Stefan as CEO, is responsible for the overall management of all Football, Conference & Events and Commercial matters at the Club.

1 Like

Thats a 70k pa cv. Nothing more.

@Mister-sitter thinks he’s on £20k

Christ that would be 20k too much, I’m also led to believe that he was our No 1 fans accountant before his elevation into our club, secret handshakes and one sock up and one down and all that stuff, when are you starting the fund for a Gamble monument

2 Likes

Wow he’s an accountant nothing more.

The same can be said of the majority of PLC CEOs in this country

A career in finance is proving to be the best preparation for taking the leading role in the top performing companies on the FTSE index, according to new research from Robert Half UK. The annual Robert Half FTSE 100 CEO Tracker analyses the background and experience of current FTSE 100 CEOs and shows that 52 per cent of current CEOs have an accountancy or financial management background.

In comparison, 21 per cent of FTSE 100 CEOs have a background in engineering or natural resources, nine per cent in retail, eight per cent in marketing, four per cent in technology, and six per cent in other industries.

Source: Most FTSE 100 CEOs have a finance background - Real Business

1 Like

And the majority are probably doing a damn better job.

Let’s be honest here , Walsall FC is just a small business. He’s hardly at the top of his game.

3 Likes

Keep paying players hundreds rather than thousands and that’s the way it will be unless we get lucky.

Reference Bolton, Bury , Macclesfield ,
Be careful what you wish for

2 Likes

Or ‘Luton, Rotherham or Bournemouth’ maybe??

2 Likes

That’s the gamble . I’m guessing their success has been built on either prudent financial planning or in Bournemouths case massive private financial investment .
It’s very easy to crash and burn .

But we have crashed and almost burned!! And we have reached nowhere the heights of those three clubs…

No we haven’t , in the last 20 years we have been no where near crashing and burning .
Despite what some may say about our ownership in those years and yes I know it was probably in his own interests first to make sure that the football club was solvent , what ever you think about him and believe me I have my issues with him the bottom line is however it’s been achieved we are a " well run club " certainly compared to some of the basket case clubs at our level, I’ll say it again, be careful what you wish for.

1 Like

Bullshit

1 Like