Pomlett - what has changed?

Why would they be paid off? Gamble, in particular, is highly regarded in lower league circles. He’s also done the bidding of the chairman for many years now and pomlett was a member of that board and a friend of the chairman. We make a small profit each year and are held up as a perfect example of how to run a lower league club.

Anyway, you can’t just pay off an employee. Even suggesting it could lead to an incredibly expensive, time consuming and damaging constructive dismissal case.

1 Like

Guessing you could performance manage them out for bad decision making and performance.

If they worked at our place, they would have been taken down the capability route years ago

Relegation and how many failed appointments??

1 Like

And you obviously didn’t read my whole post - highly thought of within lower league football, highly thought of by the chairmen, past and present. It’d be a tough one to turn that into a performance issue, even if there was any wish or will to, which there isn’t.

What?!! Highly thought of based on what exactly??

What a load of absolute nonsense :joy:

Based on their peers within the game. Based on keeping to a tight budget and keeping us solvent whilst remaining roughly competitive for many years. Maybe nonsense to you but not them. And, I suspect, they’ll be far more concerned by those opinions.

Quite a number of years ago now, I fancied applying for a relatively high profile job at the club. A good friend advised me not to because the football club was and is my passion and he rightly pointed out that, at some point, fans might well turn against me, whatever I did, and spoil my love for the club. How glad I am that I took his advice.

2 Likes

Highly thought of by who exactly? All of the chairmen that take 3 points off us?

1 Like

Can I ask what the role was ?

Read my above reply. By their boss and, particularly in the case of gamble, by his peers within football.

1 Like

Not a chance :wink:

Wasnt Gamble appointed to the EFL Board a year or so ago? If so, others must think that he does something good!!

2 Likes

My point exactly

The council?

2 Likes

Thought of highly by lower league clubs, which is why it’s been his primary aim to deliver us to our lowest league position in 25+ years :+1::joy:

I haven’t laughed so much at a post in a long time! Just because there is a lot of mutual suited back slapping going on means precisely nothing. Nothing.

I can’t think of one single thing that our club has to be proud of on the operations side and its been painful watching that side of the club slowly grind to a halt under the ‘stewardship’ of Gamble and Mole - judging by this thread most agree - so I would rather listen to Steffan Gambles customers than a similar bunch of characterless, faceless, suited yes-man at other clubs. Let’s release him from his contract so all these admirers don’t have to come head hunting at the club - wait a minute(!)

This is the big worry for me , although I want this to work more than anything being this is my team my club , but LP was on the board when Bonser was there and everyone else that now remains at the club are exactly the same .

I think LP has to grab this by the balls and say people are going to start running the club differently than when Bonser was in control or they will be replaced or for me nothing other than the chairmans name has changed .

The club need to start being seen doing new / different things than when it was in control of Bonser , the whole place needs a good shake up or all the good feeling is going to just fade away and Walsall are going to carry on dying this slow painful death

3 Likes

What utter garbage, Gamble was appointed to the EFL board because basically it was his turn! I don’t think he still is, because he’s served his time ( whatever the timescale was ) he and Mole were and still are Bonser men and our demise is as much to do with their total inability to perform to an acceptable level, total wasters, how on earth you can defend Gamble is beyond belief, bet you still believe in santa🎄

3 Likes

Yes, and how many times have we all seen so many times the worst possible candidate get promoted to a job when there were far better qualified candidates?
Face fits, will not rock the boat, nice boy, says all the right things, won`t spend our money etc.

Brian Clough for England anyone!
We all know how it works don`t we?

3 Likes

Mole and Gamble are employees of the club.
They are there to implement the plans of the owner, that’s their job.
I have no doubt that they will continue to do that. They are actually quite good at it.
What people vehemently dislike is the plans of the previous owner that they were given the task of implementing.
It’s like blaming the executioner for the decision of the Judge.

2 Likes

Please inform me what this comedy act are " quite good at " I presume you refer to the 1) the upward spiral of our development as a football club 2) The fantastic fan communication 3) Matchday experience, 4) Their groundbreaking innovations??? Also it’s ok to hide behind the " employee only doing what I’m told " think you forgot to add about being board members who have collectively been instrumental in the demise of our club, but hey great employees we are so lucky to have such loyal staff.

3 Likes