Pompey game...we could do without it!

If we win then brilliant. The road to Wembley. If not well, Who cares ?.

Share that WalsallOne with you, blasted chest infection, hope you are better soon :+1:

1 Like

There are a lot of them around at the minute…hope you soon recover too.

1 Like

Unless there is numerous reinforcements on the cards before the window, play the kids and lets rid ourselves of this complete nuisance of a competition - you can’t tell me our first team players relish playing with 3/4 of the ground closed and 700 fans in one stand.

Kids get match experience, we get out of this crummy competition = everyones a winner!

Play the kids and get the first team refreshed for saturday.

1 Like

Live commentary of the game on talk sport 2 apparently.

Remember, we had a good league win immediately after each of our last two wins in this competition. These games seem to give us confidence that carries over into the league. I’m expecting DC to select a strong team.

If we win, more prize money so no we could not do without it.

1 Like

We only have this and the league left to play for. From a financial point of view, why wouldn’t a professional football club in need of money not do its best in the competition?

People arguing that we don’t have a competitive budget then saying we should basically throw away the chance to earn money. Dow make sense.

Disclaimer - I’m not in favour of this competition but we are in it like it or not so may as well try to win it.

1 Like

The closest to the only thing the first team can win this season without it actually being a fully first team competition.

ÂŁ40,000 prize money if we win tonight which would take us to over ÂŁ100,000 in participation and prize money in this competition this season.

I don’t like the u-23’s and I too worry about it being the thin end of the B team wedge but we’re Walsall. We’ve got two pots to show for our 130 year history and we’re perpetually skint. So the chance to stick another one in the cupboard and some cash in the bank shouldn’t be dismissed as something we can do without.

I get the ethical argument but if you’ve been to MK Dons, in my opinion you’ve fed a far bigger and uglier devil than this competition.

4 Likes

Maybe they’ll forget, they had been relegated years ago, and bring youth team. Who knows. But if not, league is by far more important. So result is very close to term meaningless.

GBP40,000 is very important, dont under estimate the importance of this disgusting little competition at the closing stages.

1 Like

40k in modern football is very little - if we get an injury to one of our best players it will be invaluable.

For anyone who dont wanna pay the ÂŁ10a too watch us

live from 7-40pm

2 Likes

Fielding a pretty strong team, clarke must want every penny he can get for the transfer window

What is the team? even the Express and Star don’t have it up yet!!!

Gaffney hat trick 5000/1 get on it!

Many thanks…not able to be there due to illness. Interesting to see Perry making a debut.

1 Like

Macgillivray and Paul Downing in the Pompey backline.

They’ve got a decent enough 11 out and are the holders of this.