Port Vale (A) Sat 23rd January, 3pm

You’re obviously not all that old then as we used to be Vale’s bogey team - so much so that if you ask their fans they’ll tell you they hate us more than Stoke! :rofl:

1 Like

I have no idea anymore as I have no idea which Walsall will turn up, I’ll go for the most likely, draw.

It will be another tough game (aren’t they all?) to contend with.
I would really like to see the new signings get some playing when DC uses his subs.
Another draw for me.

2-1 to Walsall, well, we all need cheering up I think after the last few games.

Since 2004 (league games)

2004/05- 2-0 defeat
2005/06- 3-2 defeat
2007/08- 1-1 draw
2013/14- 1-0 defeat
2014/15- 1-1 draw

That’s where I got it from and Vale were also unbeaten at Bescot in all but one of those seasons so not had the hex over them like Sloppies more recently… Done well v them since 2015 season though.

Take a blanket lads to cover them legs up on that bench it’s colder up north!

Wim gunna smosh 'em 4-0

From the Vale fan site

Connections:

Then Shrewsbury Town defender Zak Jules didn’t have the greatest of times when on loan at Port Vale in 2018. He played twice for a total of 141 minutes before he was dropped and didn’t feature again. However, after a successful spell at Macclesfield, the defender joined Walsall where he has now made almost 40 appearances.

Image: YouTube

Other players who featured for both sides are:

Central defender Dean Smith, (pictured) who is now the manager of Premier League side Aston Villa.

Goalkeeper Keith Ball, who made 130 appearances for Port Vale between 1968 and 1972, winning promotion in 1969.

Left-sided defender Kris Taylor, who made 93 appearances for Walsall and 75 for the Valiants.

Port Vale legend (and father of former Vale manager John) Colin Askey, who was a member of the legendary “Iron Curtain” side, making 2017 appearances for Vale and a further 83 for Walsall.

2017 appearances??? :astonished:

3 defeats and 2 draws in that period - but you’ve missed out our 2 wins (1 league, 1 cup). Not exactly the evil eye.

Have a look back at 58-85 for why they still think we are their bogey side (along with Forest :grin:).

Draw. Probably a sensible forecast for 99% of the matches we play. We score 1st, give away a dreadful goal. Express and Star post match quote DC as “frustrated”.

To be repeated next week.

2 Likes

Frustrated with progress ? Yes

Under achieving ? Yes

Hard life being a Saddler ? Yes

I follow a pale imitation of being there ? Yes

Will I be watching tmrw ? Yes

3 Likes

Not gonna be on here much tomorrow as I’ll be working until about 6pm, so if anyone can donate to the crowdfunder it would be massively appreciated.

That, and you can win a signed copy of FM 21, a signed Jack Nolan shirt, or a signed pair of Jack Nolan boots - a raffle number for each £5 donated. Draw on 31/1/21

1 Like

Funny looking DC there

2 Likes

That’s him off WM interviewing him mate is it Marlow? He looks nothing like he sounds :rofl:

1 Like

No it’s not Marlow :rofl:

Think it’s Rob Gurney.

1 Like

I also knew this :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

:rofl: close I’ve never seen any of their faces just heard their voices,strange never imagined he looked like that.

1 Like

I won’t play in predicting the final result. Too often it was far way off the mark. What would be nice? Good game and something positive for the future.
And good luck to all new arrivals. Who knows, maybe you’ll even get some minutes to shine.

1 Like