Port Vale (H) December 19th, 3pm

We will smash these Burslem scumbags 1-1!
Provided DC doesn’t do one of his ‘names out of the hat tinkers’.

And yet he was a stickler for discipline on and off the pitch as a manager.

Tony Macken was a great player for us. Sort of played a sweeper role as I recall but oozed class.

Yes he would have had to have fined himself.

Machen was usually RB. Defensively one of the best we had. Not so good when he got over the halfway line.

1 Like

Like the owners though, seem like nice people.

Very good player was Macken. Not a big man, but nobody knocked him off the ball.
Certainly one of the best backs we’ve ever had.

1 Like

Rhys Weston was one of my favorite full backs.

3 Likes

After the last 3 wins I’d settle for a draw here, but a fourth win would be excellent.

Last time we won four in a row in the league we won the 5 games immediately after Smith left (including a win over Vale the weekend before Christmas).

1-0 Walsall, Clarke scoring in injury time.

1 Like

I don’t even have the words…

You didn’t like him rob? i thought he was a tough honest no nonsense defender

If you needed someone to put the ball into the family stand from anywhere on the pitch, he was your man.

2 Likes

A bit like Roper :wink:
He could also put in a good ball into the box

1 Like

He was alright, best of a bad bunch. Norman is far better IMO.

1 Like

I think it was the wink he gave me during a game once that swayed me :heart_eyes: :laughing:

1 Like

Always thought Brian Caswell a top player at full back. In the old days, Colin Harrison of course. Demetriou didn’t do too badly more recently.

My favourite was probably Kenny Mower and the most lovable Charlie Ntamark

2 Likes

Jason McCarthy one of the best fullbacks I’ve seen in my years supporting the lads. Gutted when his loan expired. Quality player

2 Likes

Kenny is a top lad, i have to laugh because he is no stranger to the opposite sex, i have worked at at least 3 of his ex girlfriends :laughing:
He is making a good living as an electrician now, and can still be seen in and around Pelsall and Brownhills drinking establishments(pre covid of course) :grin:

2 Likes

This is taken from today’s Sentinel:

WHAT’S YOUR PREDICTION?

Andrew Blakemore: “From a place we hadn’t won at in over 60 years, our record at Walsall in recent years has been good. It should make for a good game, Walsall haven’t kept a clean sheet in their last nine in all competitions, and we haven’t in 11. So, with that, I’m going for another 1-1 draw, to make it 5 matches unbeaten.”

Chris Bentley: “Walsall seem to be one of our many bogey sides so it’s another tough game against a team that has discovered some form recently. I’ll go for our favourite score of late - 1-1 and Rodney to score.”

Ian Woodward: “At one time a game against Walsall invoked gloom and pessimism and inevitably ended in defeat but in more recent years that’s not been the case.

“Although they’ve won on their past three visits to our place, we’ve got a good recent record at theirs, losing just one of our past seven in the league, that being one from nine if you include games in the Trophy.

“I also note that Walsall have drawn half of their league games but lost just the three. I’ll say 2-2.”

1 Like

I think we will 47.243572,18.956685 (GPS co-ordinates to input at https://what3words.com)

3 Likes

Walsall town swifts 2

Them from choke on stench 2

1 Like

​1-0. Cleansheet would be nice, some goal too. But rest? Not that important, as long as it will be injury free game. I remember too good, when every time playoffs became possibility, team choked.

1 Like