Port Vale (H) December 19th, 3pm

Roper jesus christ the most overated Walsall player ever for me yeah he was ok at times but looked like a donkey for the majority and plummeted down the leagues when he left us.

1 Like

Since Iā€™ve hardly seen a game this season ā€¦do we ā€œtake the Kneeā€ these days ?

Excepting the one in the nuts from Bonsai, of course.

I suspect January will see a big national lockdown of some description. I donā€™t know whether that will impact football or how it would impact football but as we approach the halfway stage of the season we must be getting close to the point where the season is deemed valid enough to revert to a PPG basis to decide the outcomeā€¦

So as completely daft as it sounds, if we do have some play-off aspiration (words I didnā€™t think Iā€™d type a couple of weeks ago), then we could do with keeping this run going.

Today will be tough. On Tuesday night we rode our luck a bit so suspect that will even out at some point. A big plus is that whilst we have conceded in each of the last three games, the opposition have had to do something good to earn those goals rather than us literally handing them out on a plate.

I do wonder whether Adebayo will get a rest at some point. Straight swap for Gordon with Gordon doing the hour and Adebayo doing the last half an hour.

I will be cautiously optimistic and go 2-1 to us with Valeā€™s following reverting to type after a surprisingly good turn out last season.

1 Like

Walsall 1 Port Vale 2

From Burslem fair
To country black
The Vale are there
Seeking to crack

The Bescot Fort
We all hope that
Will come to naught
And just fall flat.

An all-Staffs match
Is taking place
Three points to snatch
That would be ace.

The Vale it seems
Made of stern stuff
We call them ā€˜Failā€™
Though itā€™s not enough

To stem the pound
Of their attacks
Running rings around
Our full backs.

But the Saddlers score
The Vile do, too
They score one more
Out of the blue.

So The Giants fall
In the game on view
Back to hoofball
With chances few.

The Fail succeed
Where some have not
ā€œHeā€™s not what we need!ā€
ā€œDCā€™s lost the plot!ā€

(This is my fourth
Of recent times
Three wins so far
With previous rhymes.

If the run goes on
And I canā€™t say it will
More verse must be done
Until weā€™ve had our fill.)

7 Likes

Iā€™m going 2-1 to the saddlers in a scrapy even game , Lets hope injuryā€™s and cards are kept to a minimum as this might be our down fall this season if the form continues

Weā€™ll have to disagree there Killer. Roper is a legend.

2 Likes

If ever you wanted a ball kicking out the stadium and onto the M6 roper was your man , He knew how to clear a ball out of his box :rofl:

1 Like

I just hope we win. Given the performances in the last three matches, that could be on the cards. But I never underestimate a team like Port Vale - I think this could be the toughest of the last three opponents.

1 Like

As long as we donā€™t just throw the towel in like weā€™ve been doing up until recently,then Iā€™ll be happy to watch an entertaining game.

Tough game today, Vale are a physically strong side. We need too play our own game and not play too counter there strengths. That being said, no one in this league is un beatable. Lets hope we got more fire in our bellys and we beat em, Ill take a draw tho

On a really good run just lately when was the last time we won 4 on the bounce? 1-1 draw for me.

Ah, but we have DC supertinker in charge, expect a reversal to a ā€˜defend at all costsā€™ project with a 9-0-1 set up, with Ady running around like a headless chicken trying to chase the aimless hoofs out of defenceā€¦we are at home after all!
On a serious note, Iā€™m really hoping for a fourth win on the trot, might take us into the play off realm, but feel 1-1 will be the best we can achieve.

Thats the biggest fear we all have i think, over thinking the game, over tinkering too counter play them and not play our own game which is working well atm. Them hoofs from Scarr must stop they are such a waste of possession. Lets hope we turn up again and show Vale we can play proper football and send them back too Burslem empty handed!!!

1 Like

A local derby against Fail in December and I feel very little. Should be buzzing for this one, few Xmas bevs beforehand - but itā€™s justā€¦flat.

Anyway, without the added zip of a local derby with fans in the stadium, think it will be a drab draw, 1-1.

3 Likes

Tough game think we will score goals but itā€™s if we can stop them going in the other end. Looks like Pope is playing for them I reckon .He is a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  but he is dangerous and knows where the net is given half a chance 3-2 win.
Slightly of topic but went to the club shop this morning, guess what closed on the last Saturday before Christmas. Really donā€™t help themselves sometimes :see_no_evil:

1 Like

All the failings were down to Bonser mate :joy: :joy: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Suspect there will be some rule in the current climate about the club shop opening on a match day with no fans allowed to games.

Does anyone know what is wrong with Nurse? Does he have Covid?

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not alone in remembering Roperā€™s goal-line clearance from what looked a definite Merson goal in the game against Portsmouth the season they were promoted.

I think DC mentioned a tendon injury the other day.I donā€™t think they know why it is taking so long.Some talk of getting further adviceā€¦No immediate return then.