Positives from a quiet transfer window

Maybe Simon, maybe.

Fair understandable comment Simon, and as i say we all want and are looking for that chink of light to shine through the gloom.

1 Like

I just replied to Simon`s post with my thoughts mainly about the possible perils of “blooding youngsters” in the current toxic atmosphere and climate, and have every right to. It was done in a reasonable manner with no nastyness, name calling, or personal insult, and Simon has replied in same vein as is also his right. We move on, agree to disagree, and continue to get along fine.
This is what decent, intelligent, respectful, adults do, its called debate and one of the reasons why boards like this exist.
James, there is just no need for uncalled for and unwelcome vitriol such as yours and frankly the nature of your comment perfectly illustrates who really is the “complete and utter prat”
Have a nice day.

1 Like

I’ll recall that next time you have a intelligent, respectful and adult (?) meander down your personal invective filled appraisal of my input. :face_with_monocle::grinning:

Have a great day! :kissing_heart:

Christ how you’ve managed to muster up a positive out of our current position is beyond me :man_shrugging:t3:

Absolute shambles.

There are always exceptions and you my friend are a prize one, so if you could politely sod off.
Have a wonderful, suitably admonished and self embarrassed day :heart_eyes:

When the village hypocrite invites you to be self-embarrassed (?), but gets the spelling wrong.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You couldn’t admonish a guilty toddler you absolute spanner. :clown_face:

Whilst we are on the subject of village there is a job going that would suit you perfectly.
There is also the village bike but your mother filled that one a long time ago.
Have a lovely day :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Are you 12?

:thinking:

Thought this was the WFC supporters forum , beginning to look more like a snap shot of a group of young juveniles back pages from their school exercise books !!

5 Likes

I can’t see many positives.

I think the club needed to build on the positivity of the summer and have failed to do so, and in doing so have shown nothing has really changed.

We did have a slim chance of having a tilt at the playoffs, and we should have had a go, instead the season will just slowly fizzle out and once again, in the summer, we’ll probably lose 5 or 6 first team regulars (either through them being crap or moving on for better money), and so we start again.

And nothing could highlight better that this is something you would be better asking yourself.

Probably time to take it to PMs, or preferably, not.

You can further raid your copy of the Beano for more smashing put-downs. :clown_face:

Stay on topic. Behave like adults. That’s all we ask.

5 Likes

Hello Simon, it is time to call a halt as spoils another thread and just pisses people off but for people to butt into our exchange which was perfectly civil and reasonable and call me a “complete and utter prat” and “absolute spanner” and think i am not going to respond is not going to happen.
I know how el_nombre feels now.

1 Like

Rise above it and flag the offending post. You get no prizes on UTS for having the last word or slinging the worst insult.

Petty back and forth arguments help no-one and eventually they’ll be the downfall of this site. Back on topic please.

That’s an interesting comment from you. I always read your posts because they make me think. So, for you, is it just the lack of investment or the disconnection between statements made by chairman and manager so recently and lack of action?

It’s only the latter that bothers me. If the right players aren’t available at the right price just now (which DC has suggested) then I’m all for not making desperate deals. But clearly what is needed is a united statement from DC and pomlett now to say as such and tell us what the plan is for the rest of this season and heading into next season.

Personally, I think the play offs are now a very outside possibility even if we’d signed a couple of cracking players so it might be right to hold on for the summer but the intention now should therefore be to introduce the youngsters, carefully and deliberately, so that we can get a good idea of who can make a real impact next year. This will also allow us to identify positions where we do need to sign players. Instead, we’ve now seen Bates drop out of the match day squad altogether, a player who, from what I’ve seen, could be a really important player next season. And, with a leaky defence who struggle to play passes, wouldn’t it be good to see if Kory Roberts is going to be able to come back from his injury? Finally, it’s early days, but I’d love to see kouyhar given a chance to stake a claim. I feel he was developing into a player good enough at this level before his injury.

2 Likes

I wonder if we could benefit from appointing a Director of Football. Someone to oversee recruitment in the long and short term, acting as a middleman between the Board and the Manager.

It’s a setup that seems to have worked well at clubs like Peterborough, and may nurture more aligned messaging from the club regarding transfers.

2 Likes

problem is the right players won’t be available in the summer either :man_shrugging:t3: It’s all an excuse for doing things on the cheap!

1 Like

Are there any?

All for not being rash and trying to sign players for the sake of it like in recent seasons. Nolan signing is one looking forward and so far looks promising.
Sheron doesn’t look any better than what we already have so far, he may improve, time will tell.

My bloody twitter feed is depressing seeing all the signings in the league and we haven’t done much at all. We have a big squad looking at the programmes of home games, mostly because we have lots of youth registered, but we always have more listed than other teams.

The worry is that we all want to get out of the league ASAP, but I can’t see it’s in reach with the way we recruit and our wage structure. Missing out on targets to the likes of Forest Green Rovers.

I see us in the same position as last season. Massive clear out and signing potential players not experienced ones.

Problem is this all needs time to settle and us fans Don’t want to wait another’s 5 years, especially after Tuesday’s drab performance. We want to see improvement and progression.

I want more transparency from the board, be honest with us fans, tell us what really is going on, where the money is being spent! Most of us fans will understand if there is a valid reason behind it.

1 Like