Positives from a quiet transfer window

Got to agree with you. The similarities between this window and the summer are starting, not just the lack of signings but the excuses:

“We will save for a rainy day”

“We’re not just going to spend on the wrong players”

“It’s going to take more than one (now two) windows to sort this out”

1 Like

For me it’s the certainly the latter. It’s simply communication and transparency - something I think we as fans deserve. If the money isn’t there, as once said, just explain why (if possible) don’t just change your tune and leave us in the dark, wondering.
If the plan is to save the money as our position has changed, fine - just tell us and explain it.
If we have missed out on a number of players and we weren’t going to be held to ransom, and then don’t want to waste the money on players we really don’t want or need, then fine, just tell us and explain why.
Having contradicting statement by LP and DC at different points in time, and between each other, and then not explaining what has caused that, only leads to one thing - the fan feeling right now!

2 Likes

I think Ive said before, but as season ticket renewal date approaches its more relevant than ever - Id like to know what Clarkes vision is. I cant really see much on the pitch except tinkering.

In the dark winter days we were promised the deadwood would be moved on in Jan and there was money in the pot.

So they win a couple of games and, realistically, still werent in touch with the playoffs. Werent worldbeaters. And now the whole strategy has changed? Suddenly theyre all good enough for Clarke? Or maybe there is no vision? I honestly dont know.

1 Like

In all honesty I hope DC already knows which players he wants to keep and who to release but I’m not sure he does. I’m still not convinced he knows his best 11 and why for the life of me he persists in playing Clarke when he’s nothing more than a non-league from what he’s shown this season. Gaffney has to go down as one of the worst signings in the last decade.
When I look at players we had that were released in the previous 5 years that are playing their trade in higher and bigger clubs it frustrates me, i.e. the Pompey keeper who wasn’t really given a chance.
All we hear about is the future is bright so why not replicate the Liverpool model and form the spine of the team from these players instead of every season throwing new players together?? Surely players coming through the academy know the way Walsall wants to play

1 Like

I am glad we have not brought in any more loan players. But it does smack of giving up. Should have got a proven scorer from any level. Right down in the non-league. Might have paid off. That needs doing before the new season starts.

2 Likes

“Pre-season” should start as soon as we get to 42 points. We should have around 10-12 games to prepare for next season. My starting XI would be: Roberts/Rose - Norman, Scarr, Jules, CCM - Holden/Nolan, Perry, Bates, McDonald - Gordon, Lavery.
Subs: Rose/Roberts, Facey, Pring, Kinsella, Sinclair, Nolan/Holden, Adebayo

Something like that for me too…

Agree with this the 1st team are on the beach

Adds another dimension to going to see the kids do well