Pre Kick Off Music

Cats, you ask in the Salford match thread " what is the awful music, played before kick off "
I dont know the answer, but here are my comments emailed last week to the club.

Funereal sounding dirge, that for me conjures up the sounds of horses “clip clopping”, and pulling a hearse and coffin with no flowers, manned by men in black, top hats trimmed with crepe.
I commented that it killed the match build up.
Have not had an answer yet !!

2 Likes

Can’t stand that music - abysmal dirge. Agree totally it kills the match atmosphere build up. Think anyone could play it with no musical talent on a cheap and nasty keyboard from a kids’ store. Awful, please change it.

They are still trying to get the title of the tracks you speak of …but the Co-op funeral service directors are closed till Monday morning …

https://youtu.be/QAzESJ62irI

We should play something like this to the opposition …

Best experience I ever had was at Hibs

Sunshine on leith -the proclaimers

It’s on you tube

3 Likes

I agree with the music, but at the moment it sums up performances at home, Calvin Harris ( Rag n Bone man ) a mix of I Am Giant will get the crowd and atmosphere going and that’s off somebody in their late 50’s

I agree the pre kick off music is awful

1 Like

Terrible music we are trying to build an atmosphere leading up to kick off… This does the complete opposite in my opinion. Who picks this tripe?. Needs sorting out immediately. Needs to be up beat to get everyone in the mood. Especially the players.

1 Like

People will see this thread as just another excuse for another performance on the pitch , but hey it does have a bearing in my mind …get the fans chanting and the place rockin’ and heap the pressure on the opposition from the off

1 Like

Does anyone actually like it???

Or anyone know what it is or where to find it, then we can all wallow in it’s misery.

1 Like

Fantastic build up at Hibs, the old fashioned ‘Glory, Glory to the Hibees’ song is great too.

Is the CD we’ve got of the matrix theme scratched or somet? Annoys the hell out of me that we just loop the first 10 seconds of the song over and over again rather than play the proper track. Only good music in the build up is the Hard-Fi song.

1 Like

It’s the Pirates of the Caribbean theme I believe.

1 Like

Need to go back to the late 90’s, Dario G - Carnaval de Paris (pre kickoff) followed by Starship - Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now as the teams came out.

2 Likes

Play this. Let them know THIS - IS- WALSALL!

1 Like

Could live with that. It would raise the atmosphere and Noddy was a Walsall lad.

1 Like

■■■■ sake. If I have to suffer that pile of resurrected tosh blaring over the tannoys again, I will not be responsible for my actions in the OAP stand.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only why who finds it annoying. Let’s hope they change it as it totally crushes any chance of an atmosphere building.

1 Like