Pre season training

If you’re doing it on the site, there is a seperate option you have to click for family tickets.

1 Like

Looks like we had the Trialist quads playing for us
What are the chances of four brothers playing in the same team are :blush:

Looking at the blues match gallery it looks like timmy abraham is on trial

Saw someone on Twitter said him and Nathaniel Knight-Percival on trial.

NKP is 35 years old so fits the profile!!:thinking::laughing:

1 Like

Things could click with him this season.If we did sign him up he could be one of those players that things just slot into place,where all the planets align for him probably not as deadly as Telford but he could well be that player most are looking for.

Newport fans said he’s crap very fast but thats about it never know though he could click here

1 Like

I was thinking the same.

Although his stats arn’t great, I wouldn’t mind taking a punt on Abraham.
Very similar career scenario to Elijah. Clearly has ability but was at the wrong club at the wrong time last season with the form Telford and co were in.

If Flynn signs him again then that’s a big vote of condifence for him, and he’s got an experienced striker to play with and learn from. Fits the profile of someone we could potentially improve and sell on.

3 Likes

I’m just thinking that now most forwards that have been linked have gone elsewhere or we’ve missed out on the them as Flynn mentioned in his interview we might as well give him a go because unless we are going to spend a decent amount of money on one we ain’t got much choice from where I’m sitting.That’s my thought process anyway.

2 Likes

It’s always difficult trying to judge strikers at this level on their previous records. As Geordie says a lot of it can come down to ‘right place, right time.’

In fact, take a look at the records of some of League Two best strikers in recent season. The likes of Paul Mullin, Cole Stockton and Dom Telford had no real track record to speak of prior to their breakout year.

1 Like

Absolutely right. None of those signings would have been considered as pushing the boat out. You can add Elijah Adebayo and Tom Bradshaw as two who came here with poor records but did well and went on to better things.

3 Likes