Prediction League 2: 2021-22 Table

Respect to JJ. Keep it really simple and don’t change a thing. If anyone wants divisions let them take it over.

Any takers?

3 Likes

Or i think they have similar formats on Rotherham Bournemouth and Luton forums :grin: :wink:

Luddite :smile:

Let’s have the 8 most affluent predictors form a sponsored breakaway division!
There would be promotion and relegation, but those going down would have a 10 point advantage for the next season. The breakaway division would have prediction highlights, slots on prime-time TV and a gaggle of pundits following them around, discussing their breakfast choices.

Those left behind would have a reduced prediction experience, less regular updates and a shoddier table. But hey ho! Progress.

Let’s not. :grinning:

It’s been functioning perfectly well for 15 years or so, which tells you everything you need to know - it’s resilience is in it’s simplicity.

4 Likes

Luddite :grinning:

1 Like

All this talk of change implies there’s something going wrong. About three times more predictors are staying the course now than were in 17/18, which says to me there’s no need for any change.

1 Like

Jezzitwas only a idea it is ok has it works but next time I keep my mouth​:zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

:grinning:

Don’t take it too seriously. It’s one of the only threads left that doesn’t devolve in bitterness and antipathy.

Unless it’s in regard to Manchester, then I meant everything I said. :unamused: :wink:

1 Like

You’re the only bitter poster here!

1 Like

Chin up ButtsSaddler… if I’d have given up suggesting ideas the first time I’d been shouted down I wouldn’t be the millionaire I am today… well, this time next year maybe.:tropical_drink::clinking_glasses:

1 Like

It’s alright mate, no need to take offence and I wasn’t poo-pooing any ideas - I am always open to suggestions and doing things differently if it improves the experience! :+1:

As a relative newcomer to this prediction malarkey I agree with Shrewsbury ( I know I can’t believe It ) but with slightly different rationale. We all predict the same matches each week and the one with the highest points total is that year’s winner and quite rightly. If that person is placed in a lower division because of a poor result the previous season or because they are a newcomer they will not be deemed the winner for some reason, This does not make any sense to me, sorry Butts

it’s ok no offence taken​:grinning::grinning:

1 Like

:kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Ah the good old days! Second in the table…heights i can now only dream of!

2 Likes

Updated table after yesterday’s games and any points scored from the p-p game on Tuesday (which was only 1!). Quite varied scoring which has meant a bit of movement in the table and some nice positioning near the top - lots of people are ready to strike in the remaining weeks to come!

The winning score was 4 points, achieved by deldras - your first weekly win this season, well done!

There are 6 games to choose from on Tuesday night so don’t forget to get your predictions in before 7.45pm.

Updated table after tonight’s games, including 1 p-p game.
Not great scoring overall and some late goals put paid to a few points for people.

The winning score was 4 points, achieved by Chunkster and myself! Well done to both of us! :yum: That’s a 4th weekly win for Chunky - now level on top of that particular table - and a first weekly win of the season for me (I’m finally starting to gel and am only scratching the surface so watch out now for the remaining weeks, ha ha!!)

The games for the weekend are already up so get predictions in before then - watch out for the Friday evening game.

4 Likes

The draw strategy prevails again :smile: a bit hit and miss though :thinking:

Yeah, you are either 4 points or 0 points, looking at the last 4 weeks of results!

1 Like

I have never, ever, got even a single point from predicting a draw.