Prediction League 2: 2021-22 Table

I would still beat him :rofl:

1 Like

2 Likes

Updated table after today’s games. No where near the scoring of Tuesday evening but a few 3 pointers in there. The winning score was 4 points, achieved by Cookyskid - well done on your second weekly win!

Not much movement in the table but the top places are still pretty tight and lots to play for in the weeks to come!

Next Saturday’s thread is up and running.

1 Like

A bit like Walsall today. A rare decent performance to keep me clear of the relegation zone for now :smiley:

Don’t worry mate you won’t be going down with me in the league.I need to start remembering to do it I keep forgetting and with a 5 week miss and your out which is more than fair by the way I need to start doing it.

1 Like

Btw, it’s 5 weeks in a row, not 5 missed weeks overall that get you jettisoned!

1 Like

Updated table after yesterday’s games. Up and down scoring but that was mainly due to the 3 p-p games and people now have those in the bank for whenever they are played (there are a few people with a lot of asterisks so the table could look quite different when all cleared up!)

The winning score was 5 points, achieved by cookyskid - well done on your second weekly win in a row!

There are 6 games on Tues evening but one of them is a p-p game, leaving 5 others which isn’t enough for a game week so next Saturday’s thread will be Week 32 fixtures.

:smirk:

Into the long grass and the deep woods for @ManchesterSaddler

Enjoying my new manager bounce :grinning:

I did it for Walsall, Matt!

:grinning:

1 Like

Can I make a suggestion for next season tomake it a 2 div game we’re there’s promotion and regelation and were u finish this season desires wich div u play in and with the top 3 in the 2 div getting to go :arrow_up: and the bottom 3 in the 1 div the bottom 2 in 2div have to reapply to join :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A good idea and one that I have considered a few times. The only issue is that, despite there being a great core of players who are there from season to season, it’s hard to guarantee that everyone will play the following season. I guess they could just lose their place but if someone relegated then doesn’t play the next season, do you have to go back and relegate the next person up in the table to keep the numbers in sync?
I guess anyone new just joins Div 2.

Another tweak to keep mulling over ahead of next season. Tbh, I do like the idea of the 2 division thing and promotion/relegation etc as it keeps it more competitive for some, it’s just making it work and manageable. Watch this space…!

You could even have 3rd-6th in Div 2 compete in play-offs, where only those players predict the League 2 play-off games to decide who goes up.

Could do! I fear this could get even more complicated, ha ha!! :joy:

1 Like

To keep it simple do wot u said just move people up or down the play off thing u would not need that to complex

Respect to JJ. Keep it really simple and don’t change a thing. If anyone wants divisions let them take it over.

Any takers?

3 Likes

Or i think they have similar formats on Rotherham Bournemouth and Luton forums :grin: :wink:

Luddite :smile:

Let’s have the 8 most affluent predictors form a sponsored breakaway division!
There would be promotion and relegation, but those going down would have a 10 point advantage for the next season. The breakaway division would have prediction highlights, slots on prime-time TV and a gaggle of pundits following them around, discussing their breakfast choices.

Those left behind would have a reduced prediction experience, less regular updates and a shoddier table. But hey ho! Progress.

Let’s not. :grinning:

It’s been functioning perfectly well for 15 years or so, which tells you everything you need to know - it’s resilience is in it’s simplicity.

4 Likes

Luddite :grinning:

1 Like