Prediction League 2: 2023-24 - Intro & Table

Some time soon it’ll click. Still only nine off the top. :crazy_face:

Latest table after today’s games and it was a very low-scoring affair, with lots of fancied teams, playing at home, not getting the wins a lot of people thought! In fact, not many scored more than 1 point! The winning score was 3 points, achieved by NorthwichSaddler - well done!

tinned is still the early pacesetter with a number of people not far behind. But, as they say, we can judge the table properly after 10 games of the season!!

Next weekend’s thread is already up and running, with the glamour tie of Barrow v Morecambe postponed due to international call ups!! Who’d have thunk it!!

1 Like

Best start for years getting a nose bleed up here​:grin::grin::grin:

Updated table after yesterday’s games and what a difference a week makes!
After the super low scoring of last week, this week has proved to be bountiful! Only 1 blob and a stack of 3 pointers as well as a decent number of 4 pointers. But, the winning score was 5 points, achieved by Pingu (second weekly win) and Rugbysaddler - well done to you both!
The top two have developed a bit of a gap in these early stages but there is a gaggle of predictors behind them should their form desert them for a week or two!

We are back to a full quota of fixtures next weekend, after the international break, but be mindful of the Fri evening game when getting your predictions in.

1 Like

Week 8 table after today’s games. Steady, if not spectacular, scoring with some home faves getting the results expected. The winning score was 4 points, achieved by saddla - well done!

Next week’s games are up and running so get your predictions in during the week.

1 Like

Can’t believe Crewe came from 2 down again.

Was heading for 4 pts today at 2-1!

1 Like

They’ve also gone behind in two of the games they’ve won.

Me too!

1 Like

Updated table after today’s games and a mixed bag of scoring - a number of blobs and quite a few 1pointers but also a few 4 pointers. But the winning score was 5 points, achieved by Jayelar and me! Well done to both of us!

With that second weekly win, Jayelar is our new leader and the top two now have a bit of a gap ahead of a rather large chasing pack, with a lot of people 2-3 points within each other. Just shows what a good week or a bad week can do for your position at the moment!

Next week’s fixtures are up and running - let’s hope we can tame the cookie monster at Valley Parade after our ‘showing’ today…:confounded:

5 Likes

Updated table after yesterday’s games. A mixed bag of scoring, and some interesting scorelines again in League 2, but there were some solid performances from a number of predictors this week. The winning score was 5 points, achieved by DonningtonSaddler and me (again!) - well done to both of us on our second weekly wins!

The gap at the top has narrowed a bit but Jayelar still leads the way.

There are games on Tuesday evening, which I didn’t realise until last night, so my apologies for the late arrival of that week’s thread. I hope everyone can get onto predict in the next 2 and a half days! THE PREDICTIONS ARE BELOW HERE AS I CAN’T SEEM TO START A NEW TOPIC AT THE MOMENT SO PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO PREDICT

2 Likes

I can’t seem to start a new thread / topic at the moment so I’ll have to do week 11 for Tues evening on here. 7.45pm kick offs.
Please just add your predictions to this post or reply underneath until the Mods / Site admin can sort it. I’ll shift things over to a new / proper weekly thread when I can. Thanks

TUESDAY 3RD OCTOBER
Crewe Alexandra v Gillingham
Doncaster Rovers v Crawley Town
Grimsby Town v Barrow
Harrogate Town v AFC Wimbledon
Mansfield Town v Wrexham
Morecambe v Accrington Stanley
Newport County v Colchester United
Notts County v Swindon Town
Stockport County v Forest Green Rovers
Sutton United v Salford City
Tranmere Rovers v Bradford City
Walsall v Milton Keynes Dons

Sutton United 0 - 2 Salford
Stockport County 2 - 0 Forest Green Rovers
Notts County 2 - 2 Swindon Town

Topic created

Cheers mate. Hopefully normal service will resume for next Sat!

1 Like

Crewe 2-2 Gillingham
Stockport 3-1FGR
Sutton 0-1 Salford

Crewe 3 Gillingham 3
Mansfield 2 Wrexham 2
Stockport 3 Forest Green 1

@Boldmeresaddler @Saddler1977 there’s a thread for the matches now…

My bad. Apologies…

Updated table from Tuesday’s games. Varied scoring again but the winning score was a decent 4 points, achieved by Michal and RedandWhite - well done you two on your first weekly wins of the season!

The thread for Saturday’s games is up and running so make sure your predictions are in by 3pm kick offs.

1 Like