Price increases

Considering you can get four from Iceland for half that.

1 Like

I used to live in Alabama. My lad lives in LA. Like two different countries :smile:

2 Likes

The club is being ruined

1 Like

Pretty sure a pint of cider cost £2.70 or £3.20 (one of the two) in the Stadium Suite around 18 months ago, now it’s over a fiver. In a crappy plastic cup too.

Do they serve alcohol in plastic cups at events in the Stadium Suite does anyone know?

3 Likes

Trivela have got to find the money to pay for the freehold somehow.

john smiths was £2.70 worthington today was £4.80. i wont spend another penny in the ground

1 Like

Sure it was 3.20 mate

I knew it was something like that, wasnt quite sure.

Stopped drinking up there anyway this season, find a pub closer by and pay £2.20 a pint :laughing:

2 Likes

5 quid for a pint of dishwater like Carling is disgusting

3 Likes

Indeed they do. Remember during Covid, the people that went out of their way to raise funds or explored ways of raising funds for the club?

One was banned outright from talking to the club and ISSA have been told they now need to go via the SLO.

So instead of looking for innovative ways of raising money by having transparent and accessible channels, they are just rinsing match day fans for every penny.

14 Likes

Last year Stella 4% was 3.40

1 Like

I had a balti pie at the game today. I bought it from morrisons on the way, cost me £1 and eat it on the car park instead of paying £4 to eat one 2 mins later inside the ground. Had the prices at the ground been reasonable, by which I don’t mean the same as morrisons but just a reasonable instead of a rip off price I wouldn’t have bothered and would have bought one at the ground.

As for drinks, asking us to pay nearly £3 (or are they actually £3 now?) For a bottle of pop I can by for just over £1 which is already over priced given You can by a 2 litre bottle of the same pop for the same price, forget it. Will never buy a drink at the ground at those prices and suggest no-one else does unless they are desperate or mental.

7 Likes

They are very quick to forget mate and it will bite them on the arse

Used to buy food and several drinks at the ground. Have stopped as the prices have risen and now buy nothing there.

Not sure you can compare Morrisons and Walsall FC for prices , however i understand your point with sharp price increases (edit: apologies i didn’t register the bit of your post where you addressed this ignore me). I’ve seen £8 for a slice of pizza and £5 for a bottle of beer at various stadia gigs recently. However these are one off events I guess rather than repeat customers.

I brought my partner with me today and we paid £8.60 for a cheese dog and a very small portion of chips outside the ground in the vendor and she commented on the price as someone who comes once in a while. Not a great way to attract new fans,. I will say that the football not being great highlights these matters worse, if you’re having a great time you’ll be more likely to let the prices slide I guess.

During that time, ISSA raised the money for the player skins in the community hub. Obviously, it is fans that contribute, but it shows the willingness of Walsall fans to pay if they feel it is a worthy cause and they aren’t being ripped off.

Also, Rob who helped raise money to support the club. Not to mention those who left their season ticket money in the club. I am still astounded to this day how many did that in a time of uncertainty like most had never experienced before.

Fans gave up their time to go and do jobs at the ground. I don’t think anyone is expecting a medal but yeah, it is long forgotten by the looks of it, and questionable if any of it has ever been mentioned to Trivela if the truth is known.

4 Likes

Did the ‘consultants’ Pombear employed to look at the matchday experience/club etc…. ever conclude/feedback, have the findings ever been shared.

3 Likes

To compound the problem, if fans are reluctant to pay these prices in the ground, they won’t pay them in the new Saddlers Club either.

13 Likes

Disgusting treatment of fans groups even Bonser allowed them a sit down at working party meetings.

1 Like

Not buying another drink at the club after today, from £3.80 last season to £5 fook off

2 Likes