Price increases

So don’t they need to find a way to increase revenue not destroy Matchday revenue streams? Are you gamble in disguise?

1 Like

I struggle to slate the club for the price of the season tickets or alcohol when we are probably on par with the majority of all other clubs in the league.

I think the club fail with the following.

1. Merchandise quality and price
  2. Matchday entertainment is lacking
  3. Relationships with supporter groups is poor.
  4. Club media is poor.
  5. Quality of food poor.
  6. Staff training at food kiosks seems non existant.

There are loads the club need to improve on. But putting the prices up that will be matched across all football teams in the efl is something i wont slate them for.

4 Likes

Give some examples of other clubs in our league that charge 5 pound a pint, 3 pound for a coffee and 4 pound for a pie.

Absolute rip off presumably signed off by the increasingly clueless Benjamin Boycott

Getting what you are paying for then aren’t you Perl85. Enjoy your value for money !

At the Fans Forum, Gamble stated that the amount of drinks sold had gone up threefold and they were giving themselves a pat on the back for it…… what do you think will happen to drinks sales now they’ve jacked the prices up? :thinking:

Find myself happy I didn’t renew again after today.

Only Walsall FC can mess things up like this. Again. Shambles.

2 Likes

This will all soon go pear-shaped. Awful entertainment. Zero hope of ever getting out this league and shocking prices

I am still undecided but that is with sadness as opposed to happiness that I may not decide to renew for next year. tbf this season has not been unlike previous seasons, is it the price increases? the dreadful football post january? a sense of no improvement or all of the above? I’m just curious. My current issue is the club not being able to cater to me as a parent of a 18 month old, yes the football is shite but was ever thus.

For me it’s a a breaking point of having the same thoughts every end of season - and then regretting supporting the morons in charge by renewing purely because of being self-guilted into it.

I (and it’s my own personal decision) have decided to take a stand, and the only way I know how is by not buying anything in the stadium, or investing in a season ticket.

If there is a serious Step change and improvement - then I will get a half season ticket, or one next season.

I am just sick to death of it all. What a boring football club we are. Terrible atmosphere, abysmal football year after year. Nothing to look forward to. Stupid prices for tickets and food/drink.

I have a 1, 3 and 5 year old. I’d love them to be hooked the way I was - but I just can see it being harder and harder as they grow up. My 3 and 5 year old both have season tickets (why wouldn’t they?), and love football… but I foresee them being bored with it all if this carries on.

There is literally nothing to look forward to. The same mistakes every year, same shoddy stadium with a budget CEO and secretary presiding over failure after failure with no accountability.

Really just sick of it.

11 Likes

Not sure about the beer or coffee as I didn’t want either so didn’t look, but they were asking £4.50 for a sausage roll at Wimbledon on Tuesday night.

I couldn’t agree more with this sentiment. It has been the message the last two seasons by the club that it is your duty to renew as opposed to the club attracting your custom. It really does sadden me this mentality towards its own fanbase that they will keep coming back for more no matter what. I will be honest I was shocked at the sales of season tickets last season considering the what I considered to be an appalling sales campaign. I can only assume the club feel it’ll be the same this time around and are pushing the lever as hard as they can with that goodwill. I really don’t blame anyone who does not renew this season, but I’d obviously argue the case that withdrawing money from the club in the hope it’ll improve could be considered an oxymoron.

I don’t want to stop following the club I’ve been involved with since I was 6 years old but I have good memories to hold onto, I cant think what your offspring have to remember to make it worthwhile returning but I hope you do find a reason to renew.

I’m not sure about that, it seems fairly dreadful to me. I know we have been terrible in the past and I have seen us finish rock bottom of divisions, but I think we have often been rubbish because we are rubbish and have rubbish players, whereas Flynn seems to me to be anti-football and his default setting is to kill the game irrespective of whatever talents he may have at his disposal. I’ve hated this season, and I’ve been bored most of the time, and I’ve had to drag myself to games even though I have an ST and therefore a ticket that has been paid for.

I enjoyed the Leicester match, enjoyed the whole day and the build up to it, but the rest has been garbage. I’ve renewed though. :roll_eyes:

I don’t think it helps my mood that I am as bewildered as many others that despite a takeover we still have the same people running the show. I just don’t get it and can’t explain it and it pisses me off.

Oh well, rant over, but fear not, another will be along sometime soon. In recent years this club has never gone long without making me angry or at least irritated over something. :laughing:

6 Likes

I posted it on the matchthread but in terms of results it is pretty similar if not better than previous seasons as attached. I agree however that this team has not met its potential despite consensus that the team is shite. I feel Flynn isn’t getting the best out of what he has available, is that better than what we’ve had in previous seasons? After what happened in January I think any manager would struggle to be honest. That’s not to say, I hate the way we are playing with hoofball. I fully concur with the board situation.

2 Likes

As I’ve said earlier, what other clubs charge for food and drink is fairly irrelevant, that’s not who the club is competing with for those sales.

2 Likes

I don’t buy drinks at the ground but the new prices are outrageous in my view. I would simply urge everyone to buy elsewhere. They cannot be justified even in the current inflationary times. I wonder whether they will come down when the price of energy falls in 3 moths and inflation starts to recede? I doubt it but if stuff isn’t selling there may just be a chance of some reductions.

2 Likes

£5.50 for Madri in the saveloy lounge

I heard it was over £5 a pint at Wimbledon

The latest lot of price increases are a piss take. I hardly go down to the bar at HT anymore but had planned to go down today and have a pint with a mate until I heard of the price increases.

If you don’t agree then please don’t pay it, it’s the only way the club will learn. They don’t listen to us, they only care about the the cash coming in, so make sure that’s how you get your point across.

Still glad I haven’t renewed my season ticket, I’m disgusted by the way Ben Boycott bangs on about caring about the community and the town yet then decides to rip everyone off at every opportunity.

10 Likes

Now Boycott has got settled on the gravy train he’s proving himself to be a complete idiot by allowing all these outrageous price increases to take place.

If only we had a way of contacting the club directly and conversing in an open and honest way….

A ‘working party’ meeting if you will?

3 Likes