Protest at Bolton

So what? Most people aren’t protesting about the points on that letter, which are mainly about the toilets, catering and pre match announcements/music

Solving those issues, which shouldn’t have to be raised by us fans in the first place doesn’t change anything regarding Bonser and the board

1 Like

Each to their own. I think Bolton is an example of how it could be. A little bit of playing success, good facilities and sensible pricing then hey presto we’ve got over a thousand fans travelling. My own view is that some sort of protest in amongst that would feel odd.

The club will feel the bigger protest over forthcoming weeks. It is January and we’re playing sides who’s support won’t massage the attendance. I expect some low 3,000’s in amongst that. If you took out those taking advantage of the free season tickets, this is early 80’s levels of paying support for our club. A unique failure amongst professional football clubs. Bravo!

I’m all for voicing opinions but this is a strange game to choose in my opinion. Away in the FA Cup 3rd round to a team in the division above. Wouldn’t a home game make much more sense?

3 Likes

IMO any and every game makes sense, think people have had enough now and something needs to be done as the club aren’t interested in making a change

Club have just announced 975 tickets have been sold for Saturday and can now only be bought in cash on the gate

Agree leave the protest at Bolton let’s just enjoy the day…3rd round it’s been a while let’s just concentrate on giving the team 100% backing.

1 Like

Hmm some more than others. Even in terms of making the protest more powerful.

Id be more likely to get involved if it was some nondescript league game. I’ll be far more invested in whether we can knock a championship team out of the FA Cup away than protesting on Saturday to be honest.

4 Likes

The question is what will have more impact?

Bolton with 1000 of us or the next away game with 200 of us?

I would say Bolton is the biggest opportunity to get our grievances into the media. As @SamsaraSaddler says its going to take a long time to build any kind of decent momentum as it is, historically it has been proved letters and topics on here don’t work! What on earth makes anyone think this letter will be any different - as well written as the letter is?

2 Likes

Probably the next home game with 3000 of us.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with starting Saturday though and continuing into the next home game.

Regardless of when it starts, persistence is the key. Only this time last year that the club held that hastily arranged Fan Focus Meeting in order to placate us all.

1 Like

Sure. Just think it’s in danger of being a damp squib considering you could say this may end up being the most important game of the season that’s all.

I’m going and I have literally no interest in protesting and I have every sympathy for the cause.

This thread shows precisely the problem that has affected previous protests. People can’t even agree on the best time and place let alone what issues to protest over!

3 Likes

I say bring yr flags by all means.I just think the supporters who go to Bolton Saturday there focus will be on getting the saddlers into round 4 of the FA CUP

So, if we get to the 4th round of the FA Cup all the problems magically disappear!? This shortsighted approach is the issue. One good result and everyone is happy until the next spell! As Simon says persistence is key or we are all wasting our time!

Well, I would suggest 1000 stood together protesting is far more noticeable than 3000 spread out across nearly 11000 seats, it becomes somewhat diluted.

4 Likes

Probably look diluted anyway considering the different aims and opinions of folks. In that sense a banner helps to bring it together.

1 Like

This is getting as good as Walsall fans have your say on FB

Bonser doesn’t even attend away games… what’s the point!

Go support them on Saturday get behind the boys!

If you want to wave a flag do it at home when he’s actually there!!!

3 Likes

Its not about Bonser, it’s about the media perception.

The pressure will mount as soon as the media get hold of it. Nothing to do with JB being at games or otherwise!

No that’s not what I’m saying at all. Where did I even suggest that? In fact I even said I agree with the reasons for protesting.

I am more interested in whether we reach the 4th round than protesting though. Would I be if we were playing Generic League One Team at home? Probably not. I can’t imagine I’m the only one and you are talking about perception. Is it better that more people seem united or simply because it’s some FA Cup 3rd round tie that might get a quick shot on the BBC?

I wouldn’t. Have you seen how big their away end is? It’s going to look just as empty as our home games do but you won’t have 1000 people invested in it because this is actually an important game. That’s my entire point in a nutshell.

Mixed feelings about this, although I’ll probably be protesting as usual when we let in the comedy 94th minute equaliser.
Quite happy for some of the most voluble people on here to wave their flags - although doing it while sitting on the bog in Beechdale isn’t really going to have much of an impact IMO.