Protest

Serious question, what is it we are protesting for?

If it’s change then the club do not have the resource to implement it.

For me the most powerful tool is staying away.

4 Likes

It doesn’t work, i have been doing it for 18 months and no one has noticed :joy: :wink:

2 Likes

Ha ha, it couldn’t be anymore clearer to the club could it?

The SLO probably has 3000 emails in his inbox pointing it out.

2 Likes

As I’ve said , I kind of understand what you’re saying , but I can’t help thinking that it’s massively self defeating .

1 Like

Then we don’t do a March it’s not a problem if people think it’s pointless then that’s fine we just carry on watching and waiting to drop out the league.

3 Likes

Here’s an idea, we all well most I think, that WFC in its current state has been likened to a circus being run by a bunch of clowns, so with this theme how about a match day Red Nose Day. I’m sure these plastic red noses could be bought in bulk fairly cheaply, and dished out to fans arriving at the ground, hopefully most would wear them and stand around the main entrance and also in the ground, what a sight to see hordes of red noses in the homeserve stand, may even get some participants in the oap sections. Save ya noses for the next game etc, it’s peaceful, humorous and could be quite effective, I’m sure the Excuse and star would take some lovely snapshots, just an idea. Some might even go and don a clowns wig, but seriously it would also make a nice final day of the season fancy dress,

2 Likes

Agree with the comments from Exile and Scooby above. UTS is a great place to share ideas and give the Club (Morning, Graham) a gauge of supporter unrest, but the views and convictions voiced under the anonymity of the forum don’t always translate to real life action.

The calls to back Olly and ISSA (a recognised, FSA accredited group who, unlike UTS, the Club cannot ignore) in their actions seems the best bet. With consecutive Saturday home games coming up, we’ll hopefully see a lot of people down the Railway, perhaps including Joe Edwards, with a view to agreeing organised action focussed on a set agenda.

The Club need to understand why supporters are unhappy and how and when we expect change to be delivered. They also need to understand that the situation is so acute that, for perhaps the first time, the consequence of lip service not being backed up by action will be met with a withdrawal of attendance and/or support from many fans.

If there is a public meeting with the Club called, at a reasonable time for working people, we should look to pack that out too.

Wider issues at the Club will continue until there is a sustained form of action/protest, the fear is that the immediate longevity of this depends hugely on the three forthcoming games. If we take 5 - 9 points we know this will be put to bed, less than 5 and the Club have a real problem on their hands, as does MT.

All that said, I think a defeat on Saturday will see discontent break out after full time.

15 Likes

Simon, wasn’t there a letter sent from UTS to the club in January 2019 which prompted a response from the club? I can’t find the details of it now but I’m pretty sure - Bonser leaving aside - that very little has been addressed and most of the problems outlined in that letter - such as the matchday experience etc - are still yet to be sorted?

1 Like

Yes, and probably a few hundred of those are mine. :laughing: I always think as I send one or bump one that it is pointless, but I also feel that I should at least try.
I used to write letters (actual letters, you young 'uns can ask your grandparents) to Jeef Boner but never had a reply until the ITV Digital collapse, and then he wrote back, thanking me for my support and asking me to continue with my support for the club. We must really, really have been in the mire at that time, if Boner deigned to reply.

There was a thread started in response to conditions at the Boxing Day game in 2018 that culminated in a UTS member (@RobHarv3y) writing to the Club and receiving a response. This led indirectly to the formation of WSFC, latterly WSA.

To the best of my knowledge there has been no direct communication between UTS and Walsall FC in the 25 years we’ve been online. We were once publicly referenced by Roy Whalley, though.

3 Likes

Wow…:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. I literally (sorry @el_nombre) don’t know what to say.

How about a tennis ball protest?? Throw those on the pitch, get the game stopped, will get press coverage and if we can get the reasons for the protest out there it might make the club sit up and listen. If we also say it’s because of paying half a million pounds a year to Bonser’s pension company it could also put the focus back on Bonser through the press. This action has got the plight of other club’s highlighted.

As other have said we need to clearly state what the reasons are and what we want to achieve but something like that does get any protest in the news!!! Just a suggestion.

1 Like

Remind me again, succinctly, what are they?

What? Tennis :tennis: balls ?:grinning:

1 Like

We will certainly be making a racquet.

1 Like

There are so many issues its untrue. I just think that if we are to be serious about mounting any sort of “protest” then it has to be visual. We can all stand there all day long and shout sack the board, Pomlett out, etc, but if that is all we do then LP and Board won’t be bothered in the slightest. They have seen and heard it all before.

If we do something that can be physically seen and although I hate to say it affects the game, then you raise awareness and get interest and press coverage from the outside. I am sure that Joe Edwards will be more than willing to continue highlighting the issues in the E&S as he does actually seem to be the first reporter down here that actually has a pair!!!

I am not suggesting pitch invasions or anything like confronting MT again because he is not the main problem but just a consequence of where we are at now. If we are serious about trying to push and highlight he fans anger and frustrations forward then for me that is the only way to try and achieve change. For me having meetings, although important, will not ultimately invoke change.

1 Like

Or beach balls, those will be easier to smuggle in.

1 Like

The key thing with any protest is to define its objective & I’ve suggested a few, which need broader debate.

Quite like the red nose idea, alternatively how about these:….

Quite like the toilet brush, as it represents the state of the match day experience (leaky bogs), where Bonser made his fortune from (prior to being our #1 fan) and that the club is rapidly going down the toilet. But will probably be classed as a weapon, by stewards and not sommat you wanna be seen carrying.

1 Like

Graham what do you think? Can you ask the club if these are permitted in the ground?

4 Likes

Well the protest would never start if you had to get the ok from the club.

1 Like