Protest

Enough is enough.

I don’t know if the Southend game is appropriate - but something has to be said and done for the Peterborough game at least.

This dereliction of duty not only (and mainly) of the stewardship of our club, but the sheer contempt of then players towards the fans needs voicing.

This isn’t about long term change, this isn’t about plans, this isn’t about making a difference. This isn’t stepping on the toes of the brilliant efforts of WSFC.

This is about visceral anger and letting the players know they have not only let us down, but embarrassed us.

This can’t go on. This is the worst Walsall side in my life time.

Get ready to make your voices heard. Who else is going to say or do something?

10 Likes

I respect the sentiment but I honestly think any form of protest is completely pointless now. Our owner does not care and regardless of what division we end up in or the average attendance he will still be collecting his pound of flesh.

It may make fans feel better to let rip at the club but let’s look at the big picture… they do not give a flying ■■■■ about us. The players, the board, the owner all see us a irritation to be tolerated (at best) and we can shout n scream all we like because nothing will change under the current regime.

1 Like

I’m up for this at the Peterborough game - before, during or after. Let’s make ourselves heard.

4 Likes

how about the open training day.

2 Likes

I’d rather direct my anger towards Bonser and his puppets than the players.

I totally agree that 99.9% of them have been a ■■■■■■■ disgrace but hopefully we won’t ever see most of them in a Walsall shirt again after this sorry season has ended.

Unfortunately Bonser et al will still be dragging this club down long into the future. We (IMO) need to direct the anger at the root cause of our problems.

6 Likes

One off protest after we are relegated will do nothing.

We need sustained, coordinated, intelligent and peaceful protest, that is a campaign, not a one off. That the media are made aware of and that puts big pressure on the board.

I’m in for the latter.

6 Likes

Protest - but only after we’re safe or are definitely down. Don’t give them the excuse of saying the fans got on our backs so that contributed to us going down.

5 Likes

Yep. Agree with that.

We can’t sit here and let this go can we?

@WiltshireSaddler - absolutely agree. But surely this can’t go unchecked ? Both need to happen in my opinion.

A more visceral display of anger - and a coordinated attempt for actual change.

1 Like

I’m up for it too, we have let them all get away with it for to long - and at least the ‘press’ pick up on vocal protests

The footballing side of our club has been a poor relation compared to the commercial side for a number of years now. Occasionally we’ll get a year of optimism (Smith’s playoff year) but it’s surrounded by years of stagnant regressive football.

I’m all for actions to make the club stand up and take notice in terms of the footballing side of things, but the pessimist in me feels all we’ll see is a further reduction in the playing budget.

The commercial side of our club continues to thrive and I can’t help but think that a reduction in revenue from the commercial side would get more attention from Jeffrey and the board. Clearly this is a lot harder for us fans to have an effect on as I’d imagine the majority of people who attend events at the ground aren’t Walsall fans.

It just feels that as fans we are currently in a very weak position to have any effect on the club whatsoever. I’m not saying I have any new ideas on how we could act to produce the biggest reaction from the club, but it’s going to take something big and outside the box for them to care about changing the football side of the club.

I agree with you entirely bud. Sadly the only thing that will draw pressure and an unpleasant spot light will be the further demise of our club into none league. That will be, in my opinion, the only way Mr Bonser will find himself in an untenable position and actively look for buyer with genuine motivation. :anguished:

3 Likes

Time to revisit these threads???

We’ve been here many times before. Nothing has changed. We have a choice now, either just drift away or do something to effect change.

6 Likes

I’m up for a protest just not after northampton defeat, as I’m away for weekend. Yes I am a season holder

1 Like

Never works never big enough numbers involved in recent years.

2 Likes

Bloody hell @Tatooine_Strip_Club you are getting prolific on here :joy: :wink:

1 Like

The last protest i remember having some impact was in the 90s when one of the windows went through on the main entrance and somebody lamped the security guard we signed Martin Oconnor and someone else soon after it :rofl:

Judging by social media alone I think support discontent is spreading to a level not seen for many years. I think numbers would be up for any protest planned

5 Likes

I would agree

1 Like

UTS is not the place to organise a protest. The fans are physically present in bulk at one venue before every game - talk to ISSA and organise a march from The Railway if you want instant impact. If they say no it’s a non-starter, but they have access to a physical fan base with traditional views on the club.

3 Likes

Again what I said the other day it’s a place everyone can meet park your cars see what numbers are there then March straight down the middle of the road across the lights and past McDonald’s etc left turn and park ourselves right in front of the club shop area banners and some singing no aggression peaceful protest and do it every week at home games.Yes you might start off with 20-30 but that will grow as people 1 see it and 2 the situation worsens because it will.

3 Likes