Q&A Session - 3rd August with Pomlett & Taylor

I went and came away very impressed with Matt Taylor.If the team play half as well as he speaks we are in for a great time. The news about the next signing (hopefully) and Fullarton’s tenacity was good as was the Chairman’s comments about the post pandemic financial situation which had been helped by Brentford getting promotion!!!

2 Likes

that cracked me up :rofl:

You can watch it yourself. The live stream stopped just before the end and then restarted - hence why 2 parts.

2 Likes

I tried to watch the stream but my internet at the moment is currently atrocious. Wonder who’s picking this in demand striker is x
Suprised no one mentioned the cleanliness or role of new supporters director unless I missed it x

Absolutely buzzed off that. Those last ten minutes from Matt gave me goosebumps. Real talk, in so many ways.

2 Likes

Very impressed with the way they all spoke. Matt seems very humble and honest. Which is a breath of fresh air compared to the last arrogant sod! I really hope it does work for him based on today and his interviews. McDonald is quite happy to sit in the background and support Matt. Seems like a good partnership
Building with them both. Leigh Talks very honest and listening to him you can tell how
Much he loves this club and how tough this last 2 years has been for him. He clearly wasn’t happy with his investment under Clarke and that’s why he has shaken the whole club up and seems to have made some fantastic appointments. Again really hope it pays off for him and JF as it sounds like they are working tirelessly to get the right squad. Fingers crossed we sign this highly sort after player and it’s the final pieces of the jigsaw to us being successful.

8 Likes

I think that’s the best session we’ve ever had. Open, honest, direct and vision for the future.
Leigh has done his homework and is going to reap the rewards.
Our club could not be in better hands than it is now.
I don’t want to go overboard but I’m very optimistic for this season and beyond.

10 Likes

Did anyone ask how much Bonser got of the help from Brentford’s promotion…? :no_mouth:

No because he is no longer part of the Club. His pension fund is our landlord . That is our only connection with him.

8 Likes

…and our draw down …

I see Port Vale have attracted nearly 5k season ticket holders. How many times have I said this is a realistic possibility for a club of our size on this forum, only to be shot down. Well, there’s the proof.

Again, marketing people that obviously know exactly what they are doing and are able to get off their arses and engage with what, lets face it, is a very under privileged and poor area.

1 Like

It’s the best feel good factor for many years.
The jigsaw pieces of player and team management and coaches probably exceeds our wildest dreams given the tragedy of Clarke and Dutton.
There is a buzz around the ground and the playing surface is superb. 25% uplift in Season Tickets plus up to 2K going to Tranmere.
At last we have a financial windfall courtesy of Rico as well who paid the club the highest complement by signing an extension Contract at the time to enable the Club to get future benefits. Shouldn’t be forgotten. Unlike the money grabbers such as Sawyers and Etheridge etc.
Looking forward to the ride ahead.
UTS

2 Likes

Not as a League Two club we don’t like Port Vale do. They only have Stoke, you’re literally Vale or Stoke. There’s also the demographics which LP touched on too.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t be the be all and end all if we did sell 5k season tickets, In a strange way it could be worse for example if Port Vale have a poor season next season those 5k will be the only 5k turning up that’s if all of them do , they’ve already paid their money at a probable 50% + discount on what would be match day pricing so their revenue streams week by week will be lower than previous seasons, obviously if they have a good season they will be hoping that the 5k will encourage their friends and family to go as well but as always it will depend on what happens on the pitch. I know we already have season tickets floating around the pub’s in Walsall when we are doing badly that people literally can’t give away if we ever sold 5k and had a bad season there would be more unused tickets in the tap and tanner than there is in the ticket office :joy:

1 Like

PV reported over 4k ST sales in the year before the pandemic and managed an average gate of 100 odd more than us in what ended up being a PO challenge. I really wouldnt pay too much attention to their disclosures.

1 Like

Well I’m 100 % sure when they’ve watched a Darrell Clarke season of so called football that figure will be greatly reduced.

6 Likes

@Leewfc great post and I agree with every word.

1 Like

Isn’t it weird how Clarke’s first game for us was Northampton and now his first game for fail is the same.

Yes it is , let’s just hope the result goes the other way this time eh … :wink:

If during the previous Chairman’s regime we had been told we would have this set up two years on, I dont think we would or could have believed it.

4 Likes