Questionnaire for Walsall fans on the significance of football stadium names

Yep, on April 4th I will post it on this thread.

1 Like

Cheers mate. The Banks name still stands. It would be like Stelling saying ā€˜Dean Courtā€™ (the original name) instead of ā€˜The Vitalityā€™ (which is the official name).

Thanks!

Cheers!

Cheers mate!

Thanks a lot!

Stelling still does that and I applaud him for it. The sponsor name means nothing.

The same applies for competitions. Itā€™s the FA Cup, League Cup and Football League Trophy to me. None of this Emirates, Carling, Worthingtons, Checkatrade, Auto Windscreens nonsense.

2 Likes

Thanks for the comment. Appreciate it.

Same for me! Will always be the League Cup, canā€™t stand the Carabao name.

Ah but you canā€™t help but smile at the classic song ā€œAnd weā€™ll really shake 'em up, when we win the Zenith Data Systems cupā€¦ā€

3 Likes

Iā€™ve seen a couple of people on here say that but I canā€™t find anything to verify it - even in the clubā€™s own history on the OS (only says that Hilary Street was renamed after our chairman at that time, not that this was due to him giving them the ground - which I thought we already owned by then?)

The closest Iā€™ve found is that in his will HL Fellows wrote off a Ā£2000 loan that the club hadnā€™t yet repaid (https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?to).

Does anyone have anything to confirm the story one way or the other?

Initially, I think I said I would present the results today, but if you could give me a few more days, they will be up over the weekend

4 Likes

Here are some of the results, if there are any more that you would like to see, just ask.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xoARAI1CtbMVI5u2508TwZjmMXQfs-bd/view?usp=drivesdk

2 Likes

Interesting that of the L1 respondents, we represent around 33%

Apathy Is clearly something that is alive and kicking in L1 these days

Interesting results. Decent number of Walsall fans responded too.

Noticed the gender split - I guess that is a reflection of fans forums being overwhelming male dominated?

As is football of course.

True Sid, but not as low as 5%