Rail seating/standing

An interesting update from the Millwall CEO stating that clubs are being pushed towards looking at the possibility of accommodating safe standing. Maybe due to safety certificates where supporters persistently stand in seated areas anyway? Can’t think of any other reason. If this is true then I expect to see it introduced at alot of grounds in the next few seasons.

Its always been a no brainer.

I think football has changed, nobody wants the old terracing back, but there is plenty room for both options. Its safer than standing in a row of seats anyway.

2 Likes

I do :smile:

2 Likes

Absolutely I agree I’m in favour of it there’s some interesting detail re costs etc here. I just didn’t think it would actively be pushed

1 Like

You think you do. Nobody wants to be squashed in needing a pish. :grinning:

*going off some old tales retold to me.

My point is there is a new safer way, just ask most European sides.

In the good old days you just got your nobber out and had one :joy:

2 Likes

In the geezer in fronts pocket :wink:

1 Like

It was far nicer than risking the street end bogs

2 Likes

I think it has to be, in the interest of safety and respect of other folk at the match. Like going full circle really.

I think it would be a good option in the lower and the away end, maybe leave a block at either end seated in both cases.

1 Like

That’s the way I used to enter the ground if I hadn’t got any money :smile:. Me and my mates have surprised a few blokes enjoying a quiet slash. Nobody ever grassed us up though.

1 Like