Recalled at short notice

Who was the young player a championship club recalled from us a couple of seasons ago.
Seem to remember he was on the bus on the way to an away game.
Dont think it could happen now.

1 Like

Wasn’t it George Evans?

1 Like

Yeah - he even ended up in the away end at Bury that day.

Yeah George Evans - Man City recalled him as he joined Reading

Think he’s at Derby now and barely gets a look in - quality player and sound lad, was good to see him in the away end at Bury

1 Like

Hope that battery lasts all day mate

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, what was George Evans doing in the away end at Gigg Line? I do remember him looking like a real prospect for a bright future - and a right shame when he got recalled.

He was part of the team until that morning when City accepted a bid from Reading for him so he came and joined us in the away end as just a thank you I guess and support the team

1 Like

One of the many things that ultimately ■■■■■■ us over that season.

1 Like

What a thoroughly nice gesture - I think that says a lot about the sort of person he is. Good on him.

1 Like

Freezing cold January game, think it snowed.

Absolutely right it was George Evans who joined us in the away end on a fairly snowy afternoon.If he had stayed in my opinion we would definitely have been promoted,he was never adequately replaced.

5 Likes

I have to agree - you could see his pedigree straightaway. He fitted in and found his feet immediately, and we our season looked very promising while he was here.

Huge loss to us and hard to believe with him in the team we couldn’t have squeezed at least another couple of points from the season.