Record Breakers?

Went to every game got to sunderland away thought forget this and look what happened lol

Not the only time we’ve had one of our players with a broken leg at Stoke.

Same here - which is why I’ve been an ever-present (or near enough) ever since! :grin:

1 Like

Still just enough games left to break the record but we’re cutting it fine … :grin:

Walsall get a mention as a record breaker in the above article via ex player Terry Austin

Not mentioned in the article is Roy John, who joined Walsall as a full back in 1928, but converted to a goalkeeper in 1930 and was playing for Wales within a year of switching positions. Can’t imagine that sort of thing happening now,

2 Likes

88/89 I was a season ticket holder, went to every home game and a few away; we broke records for number of consecutive defeats, as many have stated. Thing is, because it was second tier it was bearable. Banton was awful, deserved the stick he got.

1 Like

Always thought it was a pity that we didn’t sign Stuart Rimmer straight away

Am watching Forfar v Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup on BBC Scotland.
Forfar have not won at home for 15 months apparently!

The Forfar number 9 makes Andy Cook look a bit like Twiggy.

Losing 1 nil at moment so will the search for a home win goes on?

2 Likes

Sadly they won’t be dancing in the Streets of Forfar tonight… but they do have someone who might take on the catering at the Bescot, though whether they do chips I am not sure,

2 Likes

Is that a crowd?

Socially distanced queue for the Bridies. There were half a dozen or so who’d put up a ladder and were on the low roof behind Saddler’s. The commentators reckoned Station Park would have been rocking if a crowd had been allowed in to see The Loons take on their fancy neighbours from just down the road in Dundee.
I enjoyed it in a bizarre sort of way. Far more interesting than the Champions league etc.

I get your last point.Having watched a lot of the Champions league I find most of the games boring. I employed a lass from Forfar when I was working and she was amazed I had heard of the place!! She reckoned it was one of the most unknown places in the Uk so I explained that not to football fans who were always on the look out for Forfar 4 East Fife 5 :wink:

2 Likes

We’ve messed up, and thrown away our chance of glory. :frowning_face: All this winning and losing is not what we are about. Still, always next season to have another go :smiley:

3 Likes