Released and retained list announced

He is unlikely to have told the club not to make him an offer. If they had offered him a new contract he would have had a month to decide whether or not to accept it, and until he has been signed by another club he runs the risk of being unemployed next season.

I think it is rather unlikely that some other club thought his performances for us last season were so good that they have already snapped him up. This applies, unfortunately, to the rest of the players given free transfers, many of whom will be looking for work outside of profession football.

2 Likes

No news yet on the remaining Welsh back room staff then, hopefully they will also be leaving, especially that useless so called goalkeeping coach

5 Likes

Very true. And in the past we have offered players such as Oztumer and Sawyers contracts only for them to somewhat unsurprisingly move on. Perhaps DC did indeed release him.

Goodbye leahy go and find your level.

3 Likes

I think having offered Kinsella a deal, and with Dobson, and Bates contracted plus the Chambers situation ongoing there’s simply no room in the squad for Edwards given that DC will more than likely want Sinclair and a more attack-minded midfielder going forward. Its a chunk of resource prudently released.

Pleased for Devlin, at times he was terrible last season, Doncaster away springs to mind, but at other times he showed he has ability, and there’s absolutely no doubting his willingness to work hard and hopefully improve his game at what is now a lower level with a proper manager. Bye Bye to the dead-wood!

9 Likes

The annual revolving door is back, but this time mostly instigated by the club and looks to be a positive move. I expect Cook to leave for a L1 or bigger L2 club, and hopefully Ferrier, if someone is willing to take a punt. His star has fallen somewhat of late though.

Looking forward to news of new signings so will log back in first week in August when we start making them :wink:

1 Like

Good start from Clarke - happy with that :grinning:

Who is this Sinclair you speak of…:anguished:

My worry is that the bloke is 5’7’’ - we got bullied last season.,…

1 Like

I’ve watched him a few times this season and his work rate and pressing is remarkable. Given the lack of second ball we’ve won this season I could forgive his height.

1 Like

It’s ok,I just found out…is he available? If not,why would he leave Rovers?

He was released by Rovers. I would think Sinclair is a certainty to join us. He was one of Clarkes first signings for Salisbury then followed him to Rovers.

2 Likes

Nicknamed ‘The Viking’ by Bristol Rovers fans - not sure why?!

4 Likes

According to Rovers fans he sounds pretty much like for like but a much younger Adam Chambers. Not very tall but throws his body at everything, sits in front of the back four, keeping everything simple and can find a pass too.

Id like to see him come here with Kinsella or Dobson in a midfield with a more attacking CM. Similar to what Smith played here.

3 Likes

We need a Vinny Samways style holding midfielder, brings the best out of Dobbo and offers a link between the midfield and defence.

2 Likes

Highly rated by Rovers fans by all account. Was DC’s first signing at Bristol Rovers having previously worked with him at Salisbury. Apparently a model professional and like you say, completely committed on the pitch - exactly the sort of player Walsall fans would get behind. Has the aura of a becoming a cult figure - similar sounding but a very different accusation that was thrown to Luke Leahy

1 Like

Id like to think Clarke will get a new No1 with Roberts as cover.

Devlin or Norman at RB (pick the best of a bad bunch). a new CB with either Scarr or preferably Roberts, a new left back.

Two wingers with Sinclair and Dobson in the middle. Then an attacking midfielder behind Gordon ala Oztumer/Sawyers.

Then we have a whole host of youngsters who can come in when needed. Particularly excited by
CCM, Bates and Candlin now we have a proper manager.

Job done - bring on new season :rofl:

Excellent to see the manager clear out several players who now have recent relegations with two different clubs to their name. We need players with a winning mentality.

Also excellent to see him offer Devlin a new 2 year deal. From all I read of Clarke’s style and ethos, Devlin will be a very important player next season. No idea where it leaves Norman though.

Good start, I just hope we’ve offered the two players enough to keep them because I suspect both will have offers from league one clubs.

4 Likes

Glad to see the back of Leahy and Guthrie. Also glad we’ve offered Devlin and Kinsella a contract. At least they give 100% week in week out. Also think they’ll be very good league 2 players.

7 Likes

As seen on Twitter :joy:

https://twitter.com/davwin_/status/1129392469311934464?s=21