Reserves thrashed again!

I actually don’t. It’s a really bizarre and completely irrelevant thing to ask.

Another 7-0 loss today :laughing:

A very young team again, against Accrington’s under-23s. All our fringe players required for tonight’s first team match.

1 Like

beyond a joke now, sapping any confidence out of the youngsters

1 Like

First team lost again, becoming a theme through the club.

Embarrassing for us and the youngsters getting thrashed each week . No prospects that are half decent are going to want to join our terrible youth set up .
Makes you wonder if it’s actually worth funding.

No it’s not, we could utilise a lower division ‘feeder club’, would be far cheaper in the long run.

That’s what we are !!

1 Like

Yes, but like so many things at Walsall F C we need to do it much better.

Depends, what you expect from the academy. Group of reasonably good players every season? Unlikely. Even one player per season seems unlikely, knowing how many clubs are around. Group of future club’s supporters? More likely. Some B team for castoffs from nearby clubs? That could work, but requires some effort. So unlikely too.​

We didn’t loose today’s central league cup clash with Lincoln, postponed !!

1 Like

I think the lads played quite well, I think the first team could take heart from such a splendid performance, probably feigning an outbreak of covid might be deemed sufficient to call off Saturdays defeat?
Then on to Scunny miraculously all getting better in order to try for a 0-0 win there?
Bugga, the new defence leak another own goal after 107 minutes on the clock after the Scunny players eventually fall asleep with boredom after having 34 shots at goal but are unable to shoot on target, so we do it for them.