Rico Henry improving all the time

I think they signed Steed Malbranque when they were in the Prem, Luis Saga I’m not sure, he might have been signed when they were in Division One (Championship as is).

1 Like

Totally agree. Baggies supporting brother and loads of Latics I know living in Wigan hate the PL. Our kid has home and away season ticket when Albion are in the Championship cos he says at least he knows it will be exciting. He doesn’t bother when they go to PL, says it bores the life out of him just going to match hoping to scrape a nil nil. Many Latics have said similar to me. Suppose the closest we have is under Lee in Championship, I hated his style of football and that period was some of the dullest football I’ve witnessed. Happy to see us bounce between league 1 and championship and as Aldridge says a few derbies against the locals would be nice.

2 Likes

Nor me. Had enough of sharing the ground with the cretins that tagged on when we were in the second division. They soon effed off, thankfully. Div 3/ Div 4 will do me with a few nice cup runs thrown in.

No disrespect, but there lies the problem,
Our fans bitch, moan and complain about the club having no ambition but nobody seems up for a season or two in the Premiership, shame on you.
At the moment there’s better odds of one of us winning the lottery considering we’ve not been close to the top flight in our 134 year history.
You never know, stranger things have happened!

I don’t think you can start a sentence with "No disrespect and end it with “shame on you”

Anyway, there is a lot of bad feeling toward the Premier League from fans of clubs like ourselves and rightly so.

I wouldn’t be against a few seasons up there but as a long term thing who wants to watch football at 12 Noon on a Sunday or 8.15 pm, kick-offs on a Thursday night or whatever else Sky demands.

The heartbeat of the clubs like us is the fans that follow us. Football was never meant to be a T.V programme and I can understand anyone who does follow us holding those views.

It could have happened with Ramsden, we all know the rest.

2 Likes

If WFC ever made it to the cesspit of greed that is the Premier League I’d hope that we’d pocket the cash (& the parachute payments) & not invest in the team at all.
Sure, we’d get thrashed every weekend but it would make for a great dirty protest. Best league in the World, ha ha!..
The money alone would guarantee WFC’s existence for decades, if handled correctly.

2 Likes

To be fair to @davidusa when you’re living on his side of the pond the footy is finished by 12pm on a Saturday, leaving the rest of the day to pursue other interests.
It’s one of the few things that I miss …

1 Like

As my mate East Fife Ernie would say, be away with ya.
Not everyone wants that shitshow in town. Certainly not what I signed up for. Could have taken my pick of top flight teams but chose a third tier club. I’d have taken a pop into the top flight 30 or more years ago but not nowadays. You can shove it up your arse.I certainly feel no shame for thinking that way - more shame on you for suggesting it.

I probably wouldn’t enjoy us in the PL. I loathe it as much as anyone on here. But I want us to win every game we play so if we were ever in the position we were in at Christmas 2003, I can’t imagine I would be hoping to lose games.

Premier League? No thanks!

All I want is Saturday 3pm footie, not weeks of playing mid day on Sunday or 8pm on a Monday night.

I’d take a season. Haven’t done some of the grounds with Walsall so be nice to do a once around, generally take the piss and then leave them to it.

2 Likes

Me too. Just one season.

I’d definitely love to see Walsall in the Prem and if it were ever really on the cards I think most people would be up for it, if only to be part of the spectacle once.

If we were to make it whilst playing at the Bescot I wonder how much JB would try to charge a month? The man has no shame so would assume he looks to clear 5mil for the year, with the club still responsible for all upkeep of course!

Is this thread on superior drugs?

6 Likes

Just Monday nights then. Can’t cancel the market, as that pays the rent.

Currently bottom end of league one feels as far away as the premier league! Hopefully that changes in 12 months.

Cup runs is where it’s at. Sickens me Sloppies have been to Anfield twice in last three seasons and you had Kiddy 30 seconds away from beating West Ham.

Has Pomlett addressed any of this in his sermons (don’t tell me Kings Lynn is only cup tie won under his reign so far…) At least Flynn has a good cup run so if he can’t address it then might aswell withdraw from all of them bar the Brum senior cup.

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, weren’t we about 3 points off the playoffs in one of the championship seasons under Colin Lee? I think the Blues were thereabouts and we were within touching distance.

2 Likes

Yeah we got relegated the same season.

3 Likes

Bit of a difference between wanting us to be competitive in the fourth tier to not wanting to be a part of the top league and wanting us to be in the Premier League :clown_face:

3 Likes

Premiership? We switching to rugby?

3 Likes