Rochdale

Could be the next Bury…

1 Like

This pulls fewer punches than the BBC.Some real vultures have been circling for a while:

All a bit shit really, and could easily be/kind of is us - satellite towns to a big conurbation, struggling for oxygen in the face of bigger neighbours, but with a proud (if not illustrious) history and fighting the tide.

I always thought they were very well run with local guys running them (probably confusing them with Accrington up the road) so didn’t realise this as Oldham are obviously getting the mass coverage in that part of the world.

Short term solution is just to get Keith Hill back for the 1,560th time as manager as they were in desperate state before and he got them up to league 1 again within 6 months.

Dale have made a formal complaint to the BBC about inaccuracies in the article.
A Dale-supporting friend told me, this morning, that things aren’t as bad as portrayed in the article, now that, in his words, Morton House have been shown up for what they are.

The BBC reporting things inaccuracy! Surely not😄

2 Likes

A once great organisation ruined by misplaced political correctness

1 Like

I don’t think many regard Rochdale FC as a once great organisation :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

My mate has told me that the article has been removed from the website.

Looks like there’s trouble at t’mill:

3 Likes

I always feel a certain affinity with fans of clubs like us as the historically smaller neighbour in a city or area who are outnumbered by the much larger clubs and their supporters.

Clubs historically among our peers like Tranmere, Orient, Hartlepool, and the ones in and around the wider Manchester area of Rochdale, Oldham, Stockport etc.

It would be a shame is another one goes.

4 Likes

Agreed, sad to see the demise of ‘proper’ league clubs.
Needs to be much more cash flowing down from the PL etc

2 Likes

Talking of old lower league teams Torquay have just filed for Administration
There really is a big black pit which any lower league club could fall into if not well managed

1 Like

Interest from America. Hope Rochdale’s future gets sorted soon:

3 Likes

Excellent news. Must have been gorgeous George that swayed it😀

Really pleased for the great fans they have

1 Like

Glad that one of our former sparring partners has been saved.

Putting tribal loyalties to one side, clubs like Rochdale & WFC offer so much to their local communities. It’s vital that they stay alive.

5 Likes

absolutely agree. Clubs like Rochdale, like ourselves have achieved great things against all the odds and say a lot about their communities. I was impressed that they managed to redevelop part of their ground without falling into debt, (this was several years ago) and were punching above their weight towards the top of L1(Div 3).

2 Likes