Round 2

Thought it was going to be that.
Flynn would have doubly wanted to beat them after the stick their fans gave him at the last game.

1 Like

Not exactly a draw yo get excited about but a lot better than it could’ve been (Kings Lynn away for instance).

Lets just get to the third round, draw a PL club and make some serious dosh. But most important lets give these young fans some memories of cup runs that we keep telling them about but they haven’t yet witnessed.

6 Likes

71 in the cup mate. My first ever away game. With Walsall

Mick Evans got a last min consolation goal for us in last min Then we sold. them big Bernie wright shortly afterwards

1 Like

:rofl:Offer here

Tinned.

If an unexciting fixture gets us into the 3rd round so be it.

Very winnable mate

1 Like

Feel bad for Alvechurch, worst draw imaginable.

Hopefully it is on tv for them

They may have a chance. Non league team going to a non league ground.
An uninspiring draw for us but it’s at home and given current form probably a more than 50% chance of progressing.

That Everton game.

2 Likes

A decent draw at home and a winnable game. Could have been a lot worse and gives us a good chance to progress to Round 3.

1 Like

:wink:Offer here,

Would take Everton away in this year’s 4th round for sure, maybe its written in the Express & Stars Lads & Lassies.

:pray:Offer

1 Like

A very winnable tie, if they’re able too I hope the club sell tickets £5 across the board let’s try and get a bumper attendance and create an excellent atmosphere.

2 Likes

I think they should give the Gypsies free tickets as a punishment for trespassing on the clubs land.

3 Likes

Love how positive all our fans are on social media after Saturday :smile:

This time last month they would have been moaning saying “Crap draw” “We’ll lose” etc :joy:

Was there too. Sat in their new 3 tier stand. Had seen the Everton team that won the league twice in 69/70; at Molineux, a 3-2 win for Everton and 5-2 win for Everton at Goodison against Chelsea. In those days you could rock up anywhere to see a game, no pre-planning then, like now. I think Everton were on a decline due to their Manager, Harry Catterick having a terminal illness. Great seeing Evans, Gregg, Harrison, Penman, Jones, Wright etc in action. Walsall legends. I remember Stan Bennett was surprisingly sub that day and came on in the second half to a big cheer. Goodison Park had that unusual concave feature behind both goals. Don’t remember seeing that anywhere else. Also, typical of the 1970’s the ball sometimes wouldn’t bounce as the pitches were covered in sand due to being water logged. Thanks for the post and the memories.

1 Like

Think that’s a great draw tbh given our good recent home form. Very winnable.

Imagine how we would feel if we lost though :joy: :wink:

Depends who we would get in the next round if we did lose, like last year we would have had Man City :pensive:

1 Like

Crikey I remember when that Peterborough game got postponed and rearranged to a Tuesday night… but what a night!!! Great memories

6 Likes

Crikey Doffer how long yow bin back?

So do I. I was in Peterborough Ladbrokes trying to put a bet on the game and the bloke behind the counter told me the game was off. The replay nearly got called off as well.

Went to the previous two rounds that year, Lincoln United, which was pretty dreadful, and jacked my job in to attend Macclesfield away when my then boss gave me an either or having asked me to work the Saturday at about 6pm on Friday. Possibly up there in my top five ever decisions, as we won 7-0 and I got a seriously better job about a week later.

Then I couldn’t get a ticket for Man U away out of an allocation that was about double our home average. 45 minutes on the phone, eventually got put through to Roy Whalley…got my ticket :wink:…and Roy’s house didn’t get burnt down, so it was one of those win win, happy ever after scenarios.

2 Likes

Didn’t realize we are already scheduled to play them this Saturday and again on the 26th.