Rushall Olympic vs Walsall XI - Dales Lane, Tue 26th July, 7:45pm

A trip for a Walsall XI to our local friends Rushall Olympic

Anyone going? I would usually, but I think I’ll be watching England Women in their semi-final.

Might take dad as he grew up down the road and grandad used to take him as they were nearer and cheaper than the Walsall when he was growing up.
Might be a nice trip down memory lane for him

2 Likes

Can’t see any first teamers being risked for this game . Which is a bit of a shame for Rushall who could’ve earned a few quid . Maybe this game should be played a little earlier in pre season

Nice beer and food too usually. Worth a trip and they’ll have the England Women’s game on in the bar anyway just in case.

I’m sure @Pedagogue can give more info if he still logs in occasionally.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not a first-team friendly. Might get to see Shay Willock and Jack Shaw, along with Rio Sawyers, so there’s 3 players with first-team exposure there potentially.

1 Like

Yeah I thought that, but then again not sure how much it will benefit our players playing on their new pitch? Unsure whether that’s maybe why we haven’t really bothered.

We played them the season Devlin and Leahy were here and lost. We did take a first team then too, but think it was early pre-season. Sure it was on the 3G too.

Still, maybe we should send the first XI each season early on to blow the cobwebs away, as they say.

First game in pre-season the summer we signed Cook I think. Helped raise funds as they’d been broken into if I remember correctly.

1 Like

I looked at getting tickets because of it only being in Sheffield, but mr’s chunk wouldn’t let me pay the £400 for them :joy:

1 Like

Yes, all will be welcome. It will be an Under-23 Walsall team, k.o. 7-45 p.m.

1 Like

I thought it was Dales lane…:thinking:

4 Likes

A few tickets are being made available on the UEFA ticket portal at 10am tomorrow. £15 +

1 Like

Bloody hell that’s cheap cheers mate :smiley:

1 Like

I think the ranges are £15-£40.

The tickets for the final if they release more start at £15-£20 I think too.

1 Like

For a second I thought the rushall game tickets were between 15-40 a ticket then :confused:

2 Likes

I misread Sheffield for Shelfield.

1 Like

The mighty Rushall who steal all our fans mossive grudge match.

1 Like

ALL, Killer? I assume that is irony. I would say 20, absolute maximum. Will you be there, tomorrow?

1 Like

Im planning to go tomorrow, an excuse to get out the house and all that.

Im expecting a side 15 year olds and trialists. There will be no risks before Saturday with all our injury problems.

1 Like

Was thinking about it what are the admission prices mate?