Saddlers club closing

They better have pork scratchings and cheap burgers…

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2018/july/stadium-suite-matchday/

Chips ?

Thought it already was, I have always wandered in unhindered, should I have been a ‘member’ or similar, or am I missing something?

So is Stadium Suite the upper one behind goal or the one behind main OAP stand? Have used Bescot Bar behind lower stand which was in desperate need of refurbishment!

I think it’s the upper one behind the goal. The one behind the OAP stand is the Bonser suite. Previously only people with seats in the upper were allowed in. Now it’s everybody.
Good for me because for the last few seasons you have had to pay £50 extra on your season ticket to get a pass for the Bonser suite.

Thanks Saddla. Will probably give it a try.

I dont mind the Bescot Bar, could do with some more seats but otherwise fine. But it only opens at 2 when gates open I believe. Why not open it earlier.

Latest from the Saddlers Club…

4 Likes

Hi chunkster,sorry to bother you but do you know what’s happening to the Sadlers club last I heard from Vicki that bonser had brought it i can’t find out any information anywhere,and I renewed my membership To April As advised there’s no letters been sent out to members or nothing it’s a disgrace for them to not tell us what’s going on,I’ve even phoned up the ticket office asking if they have a contact number for bonser but they pleaded ignorant ,I’ve searched the internet for a contact for bonser to ask what’s going on,have you got any light on the subject please,I’d be thankful.
[email protected]

Hi June
I don’t know? i am in the dark as much as anyone, but i work with one of the committee members so i will endevour to find out the latest and get back to you :wink:

1 Like

The club will take it over but have to wait for the receiver to finish up.

2 Likes

thank you for that.so i wonder if the memberships will continue like b4,its bad tho that they hadnt got the decency to let members know what was goin on.please keep me posted on developments.once again thanks

1 Like

The Saddlers Club never replaced Winnie Wilkes…legendess of barmaiding.

I was in there the night she saw Ted Macdougall refuse to sign this kids autograph book.

For younger listeners, Mcdougall was being billy big bollox because he was moving to ManU. from third div Bornmuff.

From behind the bar Winnie turned and shouted to him in front of all his teamates " Hey Dougall,sign the kids p*****g book"

Mcdougall shrivelled like a salted snail, and duly " signed the p*****g book"

7 Likes

Is there any update with what is happening with the Saddlers Club?

Wouldn’t surprise me if Bonser rented the car park out to gang of Albanian car washers

1 Like

Apparently it’s such a slum it needs a lot spent on refurbishment.

On the other hand the stadium suite is raking it in, despite the shoddy service, product, and management…

1 Like

I can see the Saddlers Club becoming another suite as part of The Venue. How long till that happens we’ll see but I assume legal stuff is being sorted first?

Judging by the vast increase in numbers using the Hotel the sooner we do something about the old club the better but I understand there are a number of issues to be resolved first.

1 Like

Wouldn’t have anything to do with how much Rent it’ll have to pay out when operational by any chance is it …

2 Likes

Can’t be arsed with yet another part of this football club being turned into a part of the venue. I’m really starting to lose the love. I want a football club which puts football first and one that doesn’t treat fans with contempt. We have neither.

6 Likes