Saddlers Nostalgia

George Andrews climbs the highest, as ever, v. Newcastle in 1975.

7 Likes

Personally think nothing beats the Watford FA Cup 4 - 4 draw , the game had everything

(It was never a penalty so yes we were robbed of a 6th round tie vs Arsenal)

4 Likes

If ever a game typified just how good Trevor Christie, David Kelly and Nicky Cross were as a strike force it was this. Imagine having just one of those in the team today!

2 Likes

Not forgetting this defence…

1 Like

@kevlar Yes and from the same afternoon Trevor Christie appears to be having a chat with a Fulham fan.

100%. I’m sure someone must have one of those season review DVDs, would be great if it could find its way into YouTube.

Still the think the Club misssd a massive revenue making opportunity during the first lockdown. They should have made the season reviews available for purchase for a couple of quid each via IFollow/YouTube.

I was that bored on some of the weekends, I’d have probably bought all of the seasons, even the relegation ones!

1 Like

Actually, the Watford goal in the first match should have been disallowed as Freddie Barber was fouled.

And , from what I remember, their winner in the 2nd replay was a fluke. I had to laugh at hearing Taylor bemoaning their luck when they did go out.

Was it a Dornan OG?

It was

Every time I see that photo it looks evermore impressive. What a goal, what a game, superb atmosphere. Those cups runs were incredible.

Huge sigh and 3, 2, 1, back in the room.

1 Like

Great thread but…nostalgia ain’t like it used to be

1 Like

Look at Phil Hawkers legs, he couldn’t stop a pig up an entry :joy:

1 Like

Did you notice the LACK of grappling in the penalty area at set pieces? Where did all the wrestling come from? When did it start? Why can’t refs do something about it? I guess it’s the 50 - 50 reason - can’t tell who to blame but surely VAR could sort it out???

1 Like

Was there. Were we two up at half time and blew it in the second half? Remember someone had a pro Fulham banner ready for half time which changed the atmosphere considerably

2 Likes

And Alan Evans volley v Leicester. Is that moment which probably condemned me to a lifetime of servitude to Bonsers pension fund out there anywhere. Too young for the manure season

4 Likes

5 Likes

@boringteacher Different angle

4 Likes

I love you but not a video!

Any excuse…
https://images.app.goo.gl/dz6FgrV9AwrPw3L47

2 Likes