Salford City (H), Tues 20th April, 7pm

Our penultimate home fixture of the 2020/2021 Sky Bet League Two season sees us welcome moneybags Salford City to the Banks’s Stadium,

Currently 11th in League Two with 5 games remaining, The Ammies are 3 points behind Newport County who occupy the final play-off spot, and this is their target for the season. They have dispensed of two managers this season in Gary Alexander and Richie Wellens and are currently led by Gary Bowyer on a short term deal until the end of the season.

Salford City’s last six games prior to their visit to Walsall have been:

27th March - Exeter City (a) - Lost 1-0
2nd April - Grimsby Town (h) - Drew 1-1
5th April - Forest Green Rovers (a) - Won 2-0
10th April - Stevenage (h) - Won 2-1
13th April - Bolton Wanderers (h) - Lost 1-0
17th April - Tranmere Rovers (a) - Drew 0-0

Walsall team selection is still up for guessing as Brian Dutton likes to make a few changes it seems. Jack Rose is likely to continue in goal, behind Mat Sadler who has started the past 22 games, so will surely start the 23rd. Other than that, anything could happen, and a lot will depend on the fitness of Rory Holden

After such a ■■■■ season, it’s only fair that I give you a ■■■■ player to have played for both clubs, and then leave the rest to @TheBostedSlab to work out. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you with…Rory Gaffney.

I believe that this game may benefit The Saddlers as Salford will be pushing for the win which should make it an open game. We seem to play much better against teams that like to open up than those that are battling away at the bottom for their lives.

Walsall vs Salford City - Match Result
  • Walsall Win
  • Draw
  • Salford City Win

0 voters

2 Likes

Looks like Holden won’t be playing until next season and after yesterday I cannot see us winning so a 0-0 is the my best bet.

1 Like

Salford. Hands down. Expect a 0-2. They need a result. If they score first we’ve had it normally very good at protecting a lead these lot.

I hope Wes and Norman start tbh

“Our penultimate home fixture of the 2020/2021 Sky Bet League Two season”

I stopped reading at this point as a joyous feeling overtook me as the realisation that the end is in sight :joy:

7 Likes

Call it off… pointless game

It’s like death of a thousand cuts :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, we still need some points…

4-2 lump on or you’ll look a ■■■■

I don’t think we do.

2 Likes

Would love to stick a spanner in their works.

4 Likes

Me too but I’d say there’s a spanner firmly in it already when your spending a fortune on wages and are currently sitting 11th in the league because they should be walking this tbh.

1 Like

I’ll go nuts if we win

4 Likes

Will be a bolt from the blue if we do win

I think we are nailed on.

It’ll be a wrench if we lose though.

1 Like

Another thread derailed by puns.

2 Likes

You’re just stringing them along now

We’ll need to ratchet up our performance levels to get anything out of this.

Monkeydog will die when he reads these puns.

1 Like

It might reel him in

1 Like