Salford Game

Depends where we are in the League by then.

Apparently itā€™s on the Blue Light site nowā€¦

5 Likes

Would love to fill it.

If we assume Salford will be given around 250 seats plus around 200 for segregation, a full house would mean the biggest Walsall home turnout since we moved to the Bescot and the biggest by my reckoning since the Watford cup replay.

That would be some achievement regardless of where we are in the league.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if they were planning this anyway but I actually emailed the club suggesting this for some home games where weā€™re expecting a low away following.

Either way Iā€™m glad the club are on the same page. Clubs up and down the country have home fans behind both goals and feel like weā€™ve been missing a trick with this. That extra 1% we give them could be the difference, even being able to be more vocal down that end appealing for decisions- letā€™s be honest some of the refs we have donā€™t need much swaying :sweat_smile:

I love the big stand but in terms of making an atmosphere, itā€™s challenging at best. The acoustics are poor and it only really gets going if the upper and the lower are in harmony.

MS and the players have been mentioning how important the fans have been recently so itā€™s clearly helping. Having even 200 home fans in the away end with the low roof could make a significant difference.

I spoke to the ticket office today and theyā€™re more than happy to transfer season tickets to the away end and Iā€™d encourage as many of you as possible to do so!

Letā€™s give the players as much support as possible for these last games and get us over the line! UTS

6 Likes

Looking at the seat map for this game weā€™ve not sold many extras and looks like just 4 (four) sold in the away end, with only the middle two blocks available.

Sold more than what Salford would have :grinning:

6 Likes

I havenā€™t moved mine across yet and a few Iā€™ve spoke to have said theyā€™ll be doing it! Still a while to go so Iā€™d imagine most people will do it a bit nearer the time or even on the day.

Is anyone on here thinking of doing it out of interest?

Itā€™s closer to the Locker than the other stands if anyone is in there pre-match.

1 Like

10 sold now old pal

Are they coming on a tandem?

No further sales in the usual away end for the Salford game, still 10 tickets sold.

A good weeks sales to go but looking unlikely we will be selling out for Salford despite the excellent ticket offers in place. Still good availability in all areas, particularly the usual away end. Hopefully sales will pick up pace this week and further on the back of a positive result on Friday.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a shame tht some of the wind has been taken out of our sails in recent weeks result-wise.

Also, I think weā€™d have to literally give tickets away to fill 11,000 seats with Walsall fans. And whilst the offers are good, they arenā€™t that good.

6 Likes

If they were serious about wanting to fill the stadium and attract some of the long lost ex fans back .it should have been a one off no strings attached (members season tickets ) offer open to everyone .Ā£10 adults and Ā£5 under 18 teens .

2 Likes

Our ceiling is 6,000 + , anything above that would mean a big away following, weā€™re not as bad as Salford, but basically we are a 3rd tier club. Even when we were promoted to division 1/championship under Ramsden 6,000 was the best we could expect unless we were playing a team with a big away following.

1 Like

As others have mentioned I donā€™t think cheap tickets is enough to sell out. Even if they did Ā£5 tickets for everyone weā€™d still only get around 7k max.

I actually think itā€™s quite clever from the club to target lots of different categories as I feel the personalised approach may make these people feel like theyā€™re getting a better deal.

NHS workers probably wouldnā€™t have bothered at all but thereā€™s more chance a few might take the club up on the offer as it applies directly to them.

Still early days and there will be a lot of people paying on the day but Iā€™m personally disappointed with the low numbers so far- especially in the away end.

Iā€™ll still be in there cheering on the lads, would be nice if a few more could get in there though. Even Barrow made a bit of noise with their low following in the last game.

I just hope the club donā€™t give up on having home fans behind both goals as I genuinely feel itā€™s important and will help the team and the match day experience/atmosphere.

The ticket office were really helpful and swapped my season tickets over in a couple mins. Anyone worried about going in there on their own Iā€™d be happy to have a pint in the locker before the game with you and cheer on the lads!

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t Doncaster, last game of last season, a fiver to get in? Crowd of 7,100 I think.

1 Like

Agree with most of that but one of those categories to target and quite a large one from my own knowledge is ex fans who gave up in the last 10years .surely with the improvement in style of play and league position under new owners Trivela and management and early bird season ticket offers this would have been an ideal time to try and attract some of that lost support back .in a very important game. And try and enthuse them again .think you have a better chance of getting them back on a regular basis than some of the others you mention on maybe a one off game .i donā€™t think as you say weā€™re are going to fill the stadium but maybe 500 ex saddler fans ( once a saddler always a saddler) back and tempted again I think we ought to be giving that a go .

2 Likes

All depends on whether we have that data. Would the club be able to get hold of that and easily spot the fans that have suddenly stopped going?

Iā€™m guessing everyone on the mailing list from buying tickets in recent years wouldā€™ve been messaged about this game and other offers.

Itā€™s also been a debate for years in regards to stayaways. And the big thing was always Bonser being the barrier. Iā€™m not convinced the attendances have been that much better since heā€™s been gone however itā€™s all relative and tricky to gauge considering how bad weā€™ve been the last 5 years so that would be a factor.

Ultimately though youā€™re right and we need to try and tap into old fans/less regular fans and trying to get youngsters on board before they get lead astray to the Vile or the dingles :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not forgetting of course many people will be away on their Easter hols.

1 Like