Saturday 17th April fixtures

Just move the kick-offs to 1pm. Job done.

1 Like

People happened, people.

1 Like

So long as the remaining Saxe-Coburg-Gothas don’t mind paying the i follow refunds for us Saturday workers for the funeral of Phil the Greek/Dane.

Question is will anyone from this family funeral turn up?
Nevermind it was only 1938 when this piccie was snapped :thinking:
Just two years after the siezing of the Rhineland, 1936 Olympics…and the same year as the annexing of the Sudetenland, Anschluss and the invalidating of German passports for anyone German of Jewish descent.

Still, in this woke paradise we all now inhabit at least we’re all protected from watching re-runs of Fawlty Towers and Porridge, just incase anyone gets upset.

1 Like

Way more complicated than you’re making out, but hey, whatever fits your narrative.

2 Likes

I havn’t got a narrative, unlike these loons.

I’ve got a life I’d like to get on with unicumbered by their insane self-serving lies.

Prince Philip served on 3 ships in WW2 helping to defeat the Nazis and was mentioned in despatches at the Battle of Matapan. I don’t see the relevance of that picture of a bloke who was known for his lack of judgment and wasn’t even a blood relative of Philip. He like many of his generation helped to defeat that fascist regime.
As for the KO times just bring them forward a couple of hours.

2 Likes

The “bloke” is Philip.

1 Like

The “bloke” was attending the funeral of his favourite sister, one he had a strong bond with due to the lack of bond with his parents, one who had just died in a plane crash.

Not exactly his fault she’d happened to have married a Nazi, and that the funeral was in Germany.

1 Like

Also, he was 16, and if we’re being pedantic it was 1937, not 38.

1 Like

Shame the Greek people kicked out the parasites simply ruining Phileeeeps impending life of privilege.

He had a favourite?? And presumabley by definition ones that wern’t so.

Did he follow up this sibling chololate box in later life?..maybe favourite daughters in law, and not so favourites??

Hmmmm. She married her first cousin (once removed)…lovely stuff!!

Who instigated both world wars??

Was it the innocent people of Europe who’s only concern was likely seeing food on the table the next day for their families before being slaughtered and laid waste to in their millions in the name of this insestuous lot? Tzars, kings, kaizers etc etc.

1 Like

I’m not going to bother driving a bus through the holes in that rather childish rebuke, but I can gather your issue is regarding his (their) privilege, and I will say this.

I am neither a monarchist, nor someone who knows privilege, but I am not envious, nor bitter about those in that position. I couldn’t care less if something happened to, say Charles, or Andrew etc, but I do feel that Philip was probably the best of them, and also a war veteran, and therefore should garner some level of respect, no matter what your political/social views are.

You (hopefully) mark remembrance for those who served in defence of us, and he was one of them, whether you like it or not.

2 Likes

First one was a horrendously complicated web of colonial powers, but was essentially set off by Serbian Separatists, no doubt with ideas of putting food on the table.

The Second was a lower middle class failed art student and his cadre of working class/lower middle class cronies, bent on European domination, and voted in by many millions of people wanting to put food on the table, especially if it meant taking food from the tables of near neighbours/untermensch.

1. Because you havn’t got the means to.
  2. I don’t regard self-serving psycopathy as a privilege, if your talking about financial wealth that doesn’t really interest me, and I doubt Phileeeep will have it with him wherever he is now.

Essentialy all the same family, so not that complicated.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Sounds like The Jam.

Well if there was ever a just war WW2 was it. The rise of fascism in Germany and Hitler’s quest for dominating Europe was the cause. The holocaust was just one outcome of his regime as was his attack on Russia just 2 years after signing a non aggression pact. You presumably think we should have kept out of it. I don’t think we had a choice.
WW1 is a different kettle of fish and as the REDPRINCE says its origins were very complex with a number of different causes. Unfortunately when it ended “the war to end all wars” was marked by a Treaty which probably led to the rise of Hitler. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but the Treaty of Versailles is now thought to have been a catastrophic mistake by many historians.

2 Likes

The issue is why not have the funeral on a week day or at 1pm, or why move kick off times anyhow?

Its not a big deal obviously, but just another example of where our monarchy are put first. Same with the ludicrous bbc coverage and general media bull shine. Love all channels to be blocked out for a Prince Andrew investigation, who still has not spoken to the Americans in person (I think).

Whether you want a monarchy or not; you have to consider that all we celebrate/commemorate in this country in our national conscience is privilege predominantly through birth & that in a modern society cannot be right.

We should start by having the 5th of July as a new bank holiday, as it’s the day the NHS was founded and include a focus on wellbeing, mental health, physical health etc… plus celebrate health professionals.

Just want change really & the response from both the media & sections of society on the passing of the Duke has accelerated it.

2 Likes

See pol-potbelly’s cancelled his trip to the pub :rofl:

Mark of respect and all that, you know.

Hopefully he’ll still be getting a haircut.

Have we announced anything yet? Port Vale have moved their game to a 12.30pm kick off.

Fixtures can be played Saturday, KO 12.30 pm or 5.30pm.
Or game can be moved to Sunday

Our game at Colchester is now a 5:30pm KO on Saturday!
according to Liam Keen of the E&S