Scarr and Roberts

Nope. Take Saturday for example he spilt the ball twice trying to make a save for the cameras which could have led to a goal.

Bradford (home) - he came too far out which in turn led to their goal.

Plymouth (away) - should have done better.

Grimsby (home) - should have done better

His kicking is still naff. His distribution from his hands has improved though.

I’d still like a better keeper than him if we are to be successful.

He was MOTM according to Saddler Stats for the Bradford game

https://twitter.com/saddlersstats/status/1173515080467714048?s=21

Won player of the month on there too.

It’s also incredibly harsh to blame him for Plymouth. They hammered us all over the pitch. He also saved the points at Crewe and Northampton (twice). That’s what you get with Keepers they can’t keep them all out but they will save you a couple of times.

3 Likes

Reckon you are part of a tiny minority that subscribe to those views Jeef.

Came far too out for the goal v Bradford? He was stood on the goal line🤣

The first goal vs Grimsby he was at fault yes, that’s about it.

I was thinking that - Liam never came more than a yard off his line for the Bradford goal. I’ve watched the goal back a couple of times now and can’t see anything he did wrong tbh

1 Like

Yea now that he has better players with him he can concentrate more on his own game safe in the knowledge he has proper defenders with him rather than the dross of last yr. A much improved player

2 Likes

I was there and

1st Goal - probably the worst of the three but the guy was about 8 yards out and running onto the ball.

2nd and 3rd goals were pretty much one on ones.

You are on the wind up

Hes saved us more points than all of them combined this season with some top class shot stopping (at least 5 or 6 to my memory)

Get behind him.

3 Likes

He was never as bad last season as some make out. After the Luton game he began to lose confidence and he wasn’t the only one. As the season went on they all lost confidence as did the supporter base.
This season he has got better and better. His kicking has improved (one bad kick last week) and he has started to throw the ball out more. His confidence is returning and with his build he will soon be attracting scouts from higher up the pyramid if he carries on improving. Keep it up Liam and ignore the naysayers!!

6 Likes

He bosses the box more this season too. Makes collecting crosses look easy now as well.

1 Like