Scunthorpe United (A) Boxing Day, 3pm

1-0 McDonald

1 Like

What a goal that was

2 Likes

January reinforcements aside, priority number 1 is to hang on to Wes.

1 Like

1-0 McDonald - assisted by Gaffney intelligently running out of the box meaning a shot was his only option.

2 Likes

We have scored…again…this is just a dream, or it could be the copious amounts of liquid refreshment!
Come on lads we could cement our mid table place at this rate!!!

100% agree if we can’t match what he gets offered elsewhere we’ll have a whip round

1 minute extra time at end of 1st half.

Yes lads keep it up

After fairly even first half, one chance, McDonald had been lost somewhere and scored good goal. Earlier both sides had some chances, generally it was good, solid display and there is good result. I hope after half time, I won’t be too surprised.

We won’t, he’ll be snapped up for the usual pork scratchings scenario.
Think Hardy will probably be given away too, obviously doesn’t fit in.

I hope DC does…:grimacing:

Good half.

We have comfortably matched them. Chances for both sides. Gaffney has had two outstanding chances, one free header straight at the keeper and a one on one from 8 yards which the keeper saved with his legs.

Certainly a continuation of our recent improvement.

1 Like

Up to 15th!! Nose bleed time…

Somehow we are 1 nil up after sitting back for most of the half… Pring is having a mare and their right winger has had the beating of him numerous times but poor finishing has cost scunny.
Inviting too much pressure and it’s only a matter of time before they score.

Bates has grown into the game and they do look vulnerable at the back but I feel we will have to score more to win.

Let’s see what he changes for the 2nd half!

1 point off the top half currently.

That’s more like it.

He will imagine that our shortcomings are in attack, so will take off any defender and bring on the prolific goal machine that is Adebayo!

We can’t expect to dominate the form team in the league away from home. We have competed very well first hal.

No mention of Gaffney’s two bostin’ chances. Glass half full v glass half empty.

4 Likes

Your glass must be overflowing, since it was Lavery who had the chances…

2 Likes

Yeah we are 1 nil up away from home which is a great :clap:t2: But it’s as though some on here want to find negatives constantly .

11 Likes

Consensus seems to be Scun are the better side. I dont see it. We have created the better chances and have controlled most of the game. Expecting us to crumble though.

1 Like