Scunthorpe United (H) Jan 12th, 3pm

I hope El nombre and others don’t question my intel again! :joy:

I have more. Be interesting to see what happens after the game :wink:

2 Likes

As much as we moan about the defence and they are poor they have had little protection from the midfield either being fair.

1 Like

Like most managers starting to feel a bit of experience they go for more experienced line up in key areas of the pitch.

Not sure there’s much else to it than that.

1 Like

Fitzwater will be back apparently but sometime this month, the recall wasn’t just for one game. West Brom want to evaluate him apparently.

You can read my “intel” for yourself. Masi reported it on Twitter.

Do tell:wink:

Way article was worded at time of recall he was going to play the cup game (unused sub) and he would be straight back after the game (obviously not).

West Brom signed Holgate from Everton the other day on loan and they have 4-5 other CBs on Fitzwater ain’t playing.

Haven’t read the Masi tweet yet.

Maybe they’re trying to send him elsewhere based on the fact he wasn’t played for a lot of matches and he’s clearly gone backwards from his form last season?

Well they can evaluate him in training. Anyway that’s what has been reported IDK. Apparently WBA decided they want to do more work with him before he comes back.

Martin left for family reasons. Surprises me he lives in Brighton given his left three pro clubs have been Peterborough, Norwich and Glasgow Rangers!

Anyway I thought it was a coup getting him in and it obviously hasn’t been. Nevermind.

Well I have a season ticket but won’t be going, didn’t go to the Luton match either. I may have wasted my money but I don’t have to waste my time as well. Until the club show some interest in us fans why should I show interest in them.

1 Like

Considering he wanted to be a coach, which means he may need to take a job anywhere, he’s either full of ■■■■ or isn’t cut out for it.

i wouldnt fanny around with Fitzwater just go out and get someone else instead tell Albion to keep him.

1 Like

Maybe. Or maybe the family as a whole will move if he gets a 2 or 3 year coaching contact somewhere?

He pretty much had that promise here. In fact he said he moved he because we offered a transition into coaching.

I think he’s full of ■■■■. He never fancied it here and his performances showed it. Glad to see the back of him hopefully Keates can reinvest.

2 Likes

I agree with you 100%

1 Like

1 Like

I fully agree with you, he didn’t fancy it here and was obviously waiting for a better club to offer him something but nobody did. Goes to show the danger of signing these"big" names. The doubt in his mind should have told us to leave well alone.

I agree, Killer, I’m fed up of parent clubs holding us to ransom. WTF are Albion going to learn in another week that they don’t already know? I can save them the time and effort: Fitzwater is a good prospect, has a decent attitude but has a lot to learn about concentration and positioning - he could help his full-back out more - and is nowhere near good enough for the championship yet. Why muck us and him around? Anyway, it gives Connor Johnson a chance - I hope he takes it.

2 Likes

But to be fair to wba, that’s one of the criteria they look to when they loan out a player - they want him coached properly so he learns as he plays. If he’s not helping out the full back and not positioning himself properly, is he getting the coaching they expect?

Kinsella and Dobson being benched is bold.

Dobson has t been himself of late but Kinsella has been superb. Osbourne is hugely hit and miss.

If we can get at them, it’s a decent line-up. But if they have a lot of the ball you have to worry about how robust we can be given our well trailed frailties.

Come on lads. Let’s do it.