Season Tickets 21/22

Deeney trying to repay us for never leaving Watford? :joy:

5 Likes

Good point. I have a mobile phone but I am not that good with it. In fact I am a bit of a technophobe but I am sure I will be ok. However some people I know of my generation don’t have a mobile phone and I hope the club will make it easy for them to purchase their tickets otherwise this might mean fewer tickets being sold.
On a more general point I think the Club have pitched this about right and the video is well put together.

2 Likes

On the club’s website it does say that an electronic card may be issued in lieu of using a smartphone.

Season tickets will be issued
either as an electronic download onto a
Supporter’s smart phone or as a
physical season ticket card.

3 Likes

Anyone know if I can get in with my LIDL plus app?

Really solid offer.

Could it have been more creative? Of course it could. But many of the things we’ve clamoured for are here. It is a simple structure, prices are pegged, great offer for kids and we’re using 2021 rather than 1981 technology. Good video too.

The next important thing is following through for pay on the day punters. Keep it simple, good value and as paperless as possible. If you fancy going to the match at 1pm, the ability to get your ticket on the bus on the way there then use your phone to gain entry is such a better experience than the old car park queue.

Good stuff.

11 Likes

Yes it does, but it doesn’t say that in the email sent out as far as I can see.

1 Like

It’s in the terms and conditions under General No 4

1 Like

That video & marketing is excellent and genuine credit to the club. Actually makes me consider getting a season ticket for first time in ages, despite probably missing at least 8/10 games.

2 Likes

Ps: The irony that the club shop was closed in the video has not escaped me :joy: :man_facepalming:t2: could have opened the shutters! :joy: Although this may have been artistic, as it was open in the scene before.

2 Likes

Banging prices, really looking forward to getting a ST now!

Daft question, but someone on here might know the answer…I now have two kids who might want to come to the footy with their old man instead of just one…I know the Swifty deal is one adult and one child, would I then purchase a child ticket on each matchday for my other son when he wants to come along? Does anyone else have an ST with two kids? What do you do?

Unless it has changed you can have two kids.

I didn’t have a season ticket last year but the previous 3 seasons I had them both on. You just needed two passport photos for each kid.

Cheers Blazing. The small print under the pricing table says one adult and one child, but I will speak to the ticket office and see what the deal is.

Yes I remember it saying that when I first did it, but they were fine with having them both on. It makes sense anyway, a lot of people don’t realise even if you don’t have a season ticket you can sign under 12s up for swiftys squad and every time you buy a match ticket the kids can go free.

1 Like

Yes that seemed to be ‘artistic’. Each shot with the fans in the car park was then followed by one without them there, like saying “it’s not the same without you”. Thought they could have been done a bit better if I’m being picky, made it look like we only have 5 fans and the background shots of the retail park weren’t exactly footbally.

2 Likes

I don’t get why people are so impressed it’s the same prices they usually are , They’ve done the annual promo video and released the shirts the day before to get people to buy them at the same time . I’m not criticizing I do think they are good value but nothing is any different to any other season.

1 Like

Still zero to attract the key young adult demographic that do not attend with the family, the one growth criteria that I feel this club desperately needs and that other clubs almost exclusively tap into. The payback season tickets - do they work? As I have said before, I have grave reservations, the market is very limited.

Excellent offers for the people who already go, absolutely zero to attract people who have stopped or the passing fan. Pretty much as you were with a more modern system. Nothing creative or particularly impressive, but I’m hardly surprised. Unless every Walsall fan that attends has 5 kids and they are all taken to the games, I am still left scratching my head as to where any new fans are coming from, especially as our ageing fanbase sadly drops off.

The proof is in the pudding folks, let’s see how many turn up next season. Excellent work on the ‘fast track’ name though, my gosh, we actually managed to think of something new.

2 Likes

Definitely need to give serious thought to a ‘pay on the day’ system as has been mentioned already. If club has a sudden upturn in form and fans are tempted back to watch a match as a last minute decision, they should be encouraged to do so, and a last minute purchase made easy for them.

3 Likes

I think that was the idea.

If you look, there was always 1 shot with fans, 1 without.

1 Like

It’s looking like the club have so far succeeded with the selling pitch with these season tickets so how many do we think will be sold this season seen as it’s gone down well??

1 Like