Season Tickets 21/22

Why not on sale until 21st June?

(1) So the club shop can be open all day on the longest day?
(2) As we expect three top signings by the 20th?
(3) Roy Whalley celebrating the summer solstice in the Arboretum?
(4) Tech not ready?
(5) Ticket office staff on holiday?
(6) Marketing reason?
(7) Sommat else?

“Talking of tickets, couldn’t the club have a digital system where you buy a ticket on-line then it is sent to your phone (like an argos type thing) and you show this to turnstile operator. All of these things would make it easier for supporters to connect with the club. I really think we need to move with the times as we operate as though still in the 80s.”
I only posted that 3 days ago. That was fast work, well done Walsall.

3 Likes

I think this qualifies you as an “influencer”.

3 Likes

No chance will they sell all that many mate, I think they need more than a fancy advertising campaign.

Do it , you know it makes sense …

I think it might be in last seasons ball park - 1900 as suggested above.

Which is about 500 more than it would have been six weeks ago.

2 Likes

Sommat else. Waiting to make sure that social distancing measures really will be lifted before they go on sale, rather than put them on sale immediately and then in a fortnight have to re-allocate everyone’s seats to make them be socially distanced. Makes sense to me.

7 Likes

Agreed we are waiting for doom and gloom to tell us we can watch our team in the open air in August. Until recently I thought we lived in a democracy but it is getting clearer by the day that unelected scientists will decide our fate. I am not sure how much longer people will put up with this nonsense although I accept the fear propaganda put out by the government and a complicit media has frightened a lot of people.

9 Likes

You predicting a riot W1 … Or actually ready to organise one .
Judging by your comments on this subject elsewhere … :laughing:

I apologise for putting those comments on this thread but the issue is getting to me.I have emailed the PM but I am not up to rioting at the moment :grinning: The most I can do is play a decent game of bowls :wink:

1 Like

Just looking at other clubs season ticket prices in our league £250 adult season ticket will be hard to beat think Oldhams are dirt cheap but other than that you we will be easily top 3 for cheapest I’d have thought.

1 Like

Oh no , not the budget excuses again … :wink: only kidding .

Well done Walsall , just hope we generate extra support , fans that will become regulars after the ■■■■ year we’ve all had .

2 Likes

Of course :man_facepalming:t2: I’m a ■■■■

1 Like

And they have put the tickets on sale June 21st. I booked that day off a couple of months ago. It just gets better.

2 Likes

Don’t be too hard on yourself mate … :joy:

1 Like

Hats of to Oldham cheap as chips

1 Like

I’m only getting one in the Tea and Biscuits, if @saddlerken and @Cully are sat within 30 yards (not metres) of me.

2 Likes

Not surprised that they’re cheap as you’d have to spend a few quid on winter wear to climatise to the surroundings on a matchday.

Even with the heatwave we’re having now, I bet Boundary Park is still having sub zero arctic winds :rofl:

1 Like

I seem to remember the minutes of the last working party meeting (or possibly the one before) mentioned the club were changing over to an electronic ticketing system. So they’ve been working on it for a while.

Not if you’re sat in front of me you lanky gonk. It’s like having an extra stanchion in the ground.

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes