Season Tickets 21/22

The stanchions lean?

I see they still have Brian Dutton as manager on the official site.

I realise that it wouldnā€™t be anything to do with my post. I was just joking.

Are there any student concessions.

Can anyone comment on the 1888 Club experience? Iā€™m thinking of doing it this season. I like the idea of chilling out in the lounge while the traffic disperses.

However if its rammed and seats are a premium its probably not what Iā€™m looking for.

3 Likes

I was hoping they would have concessions for the more discerning,better looking more mature gent,anyone heard anything?:wink:

Who you asking for then? :grinning:

3 Likes

I canā€™t see anything in the announcements about existing ST holders having their current seats reserved until whatever date before they are all opened up for general sale.

I realise they have a shorter window than usual to do all the sales this year, but still a bit of a pain if someone gets in before you for the seat youā€™ve always had (and want again), or conversely if youā€™re a newby and ask for a specific seat/area on the 21st June but are told none available because they are reserved so have to sit elsewhere then find out later that it was never taken up by the original occupant and you could have had it later on.

Unless they have just forgotten to mention it, I guess the only thing to do is make sure you get on the e-Ticketing wotsit nice and early on the 21st just in case ā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been in the 1888 for a few years now and I enjoy it in there, has its own bar and a good place after the game to talk through the game and made a few good friends in there. They also have the man of the match come in after the game and do a bit of a Q&A, nothing major but is nice. You used to be able to order food in there but that has gone I think this year and will be available in the main room. Plenty of seating in there although this year theyā€™re allowing under 18ā€™s in so may be a bit more crowded but shouldnā€™t really be an issue.

Could it be incase they have to move people for social distancing.

They cover that in the T&Cs - selling the tickets on the basis of no social distancing being required when we go back, but with the proviso that you may be moved to a different seat to the one on your ticket if it is brought in again at any time.

1 Like

How much is the membership? mind you, after spending my youth in the street end, then migrating to Bescot, getting married and ending up in the blue rinse brigade side, i feel if i get membership to that, i will have distanced myself from the matchday experience altogether :grin:

2 Likes

The FAQs posted on the OS this morning cover reserved seats for existing ST holders. They go on sale on 21st June and you have until the 31st to purchase your current one (even if you had a refund last season rather than left your money in). After that they are open to anyone.

31st July, that is.

Thanks - missed a word! :grin:

Well, thereā€™s no 31st June.

Thereā€™s two sorts of people in the world. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data

2 Likes

Posted this in another thread but itā€™s probably more suited here:

Iā€™m wondering about the possibility of passing tickets on to family and friends if you canā€™t go.

Iā€™m sure in the FAQs it mentioned being able to buy on behalf of others and being able to download to different devices.

I know of a family member who is eligible for a Crystal Palace ticket but will be away that day so theyā€™ll likely offer their ticket to someone else if possible to do so.

Also with season tickets it was always possible to let someone else use your ticket if you couldnā€™t attend a game. And I know of families owning a couple of season tickets that are just available for any members of the family to use depending on who can attend games.

Iā€™d go with having my season ticket on my mobile but if thereā€™s no way to be able to transfer them for others to use Iā€™d likely opt for a physical card.

On re-reading the FAQs I assume assigning people to your account/network is the way to let them download tickets to their device for tickets youā€™ve bought? :thinking:

Although widely practised in the past season tickets have not been and are not transferrable to other people according to the terms and conditions.

1 Like

Youā€™re right Steve that it probably belongs in this thread rather than the other - so Iā€™ll do the same with my reply to you there ā€¦

The e-ticket from Harriers is a PDF attachment to an e-mail. I could forward it to someone else if I wanted, and they could access from their own phones, PCs, tablets, whatever, or even print it off on a piece of paper (which can be photocopied and handed round). I could also store it on some device like a home NAS or perhaps in the cloud so if I lose or break the phone I received the original on I can still access it. The security will be that they will scan the QR code in the PDF when you enter the ground and they are unique so if anyone else tries to use the same one and it will ping up. In short, I can pass it on to someone else if I canā€™t use it but only one person will be able to get in with it.

The same is if course true of a physical card - with the exception that if you lose it you wonā€™t be able to retrieve it yourself from a backup and will have to go back to the ticket office in person.

BTW I remember our STs being credit card sized plastic back in the 70s. I think they went to paper books as they could retain the numbered pages to stop reuse and keep an accurate record of entries whereas, in those days, you just flashed the plastic and could potentially pass it on to someone else outside to get in on it - or the turnstile operator could fiddle the numbers (record more of the ā€œclicksā€ as being flashed STs and keep a corresponding number of cash entries). The difference now is that the cards will have unique chips in them to prevent that sort of fraud

1 Like