So where's the signings then?

Your all wrong my friends. AM no longer posting on the new format.
I may be similar, but being truthful has been known to rile many on here

Yeah. Whatever

This is why we can’t have nice things…

1 Like

I must admit i didn’t think we HAD that many season ticket holders :thinking:

Says the poster who sees things in rose tinted glasses.
How is Jon Whitney nowadays ?

How do you know?

1 Like

AM lite ?
Find it hard to believe it isn’t AM. There seem to be so many similarities in the posts.

Those season ticket sales should cover the rent to the pension fund. Now all we have to do is find some money to pay the players, oh, and sign some new ones. Two centre-backs, a central midfielder and a striker are needed before 4th August.

OK. Point taken, but the gentleman’s persistent invective riles me, which is probably what he is trying to achieve.
As for rose tinted glasses - don’t let my glass half full demeanour fool you. I can only remember a couple of times when we were this far from a team so close to the start of the season.
As for JW, I know it was a jibe but I was never happy that he was made permanent manager.
The WFC situation is normally not as bad or as good as perceived, so hoping for the best as usual.
Peace and love (Ringo style)

2 Likes

Glad you made it over pal. Was worried you were lost in transition.

It is a shame Ancient Moaner has joined Moaning Old Git in virtual purgatory. In a strange (very strange) way they made me feel better.

It’s usually bad at WFC but it is never that bad.

Apropos of nothing in particular, but it has just dawned on me that, while our squad was propped up by loanees for the entirety of last season, with 10 days to go until Plymouth, we still haven’t recruited enough players- purely in terms of numbers- to replace even just the players contracted to Walsall FC that have left since Fleetwood. The same is true even if you consider Dylan Parker a new signing, & not a promotee.

Yes, we lost Ozzy, Cuvelier, Jackson (3 of our highest earners), Gillespie, Flanagan, Butterfield and Shorrock. That’s 7 contracted players plus Fitzwater, Nagoya, Shaibu and Bielik(!) - 11 in all. We’ve brought 4 in plus Parker - that’s 6 down on a squad that avoided relegation by the skin of its teeth. We need at least 3 decent players to have any chance of doing anything this season. It’s pretty sh!t really.

Yes but as discussed before, most of the players you mentioned didnt cut it. So 7 Flanghan esque players leaving is neither here nor there.

I want quality - the budget spent on 3 of these ilk - not spread thinly over 6 or 7.

3 Likes

What you’ve gotta remember (and I’ve been saying this for years), is a lot of the loans we take, we take because they cost us nothing.

It’s not that we particularly wanted Shaibu - we begged Brentford for anything, and that’s what they sent. Even Bielek - he wasn’t even fit, he was leant to us because we begged for anything, and ultimately got a player who was weeks away from fitness, and realistically wouldn’t play that season.

When you realise how WFC works, what drives the club - when that dawns on you, it all makes sense. Remember, the first cheques paid every season are to pay Uncle Jeff his rent and his loan repayments. If nothings left after that, it’s tough titties.

2 Likes

Agreed, and I think that is what Dean is trying to do - but when you’re limited by your budget, and the fact the club outright refuses to deal with most agents, not only are you shopping in the bargain bucket, you’re shopping out of only a small section of that bucket.

While I agree with this sentiment completely, would you say that*, let’s say we sign Egert on Monday or before, that even then we’ve sufficiently replaced the quality that was here from January, but isn’t today?

*A genuine discussion point, by no means meant as a rhetorical question.

Looks as if when we do sign Egert it will be most definitely be after the 31st July (saving on a months salary) or on the Friday before the Plymouth game.

Its ok saying Dean is looking for quality over quantity , but look at the facts. We don’t offer competitive salaries neither do we contracts so where is this quality coming from? .

We have no real history of signing quality in bulk … I think we all know that this squad will be propped up by loans.

“We have no real history of signing quality in bulk”
This is very true.

I was in my late teens, the Summer we signed Leitao, Byfield, Angell, Bennett, Hall, and Aranalde. Wish I could go back and bask in it, because I didn’t appreciate at the time what a sheer anomaly of a Summer it was.

3 Likes

But look at the reward that followed :slight_smile: