Southend United (H) November 14th, 3pm

Must win for me or the knives will be out big style on saturday night.

3 Likes

Another project for our manager how to stop the free scoring forwards of Southend. Very defence minded team make usual defence blunder 1-0 to Southend.

3 Likes

Not brave enough to make it one of your predictions for the predictions league though? :rooster:

I have never predicted a Walsall match never will and of coarse I hope it goes to form and we have a good win just fed up of his projects and bulling every team up so that if we fail he has an excuse

Don’t worry Dullrell Clarke will be poring over the paperwork of “Project Southend” to see how we can nullify their threat and mastermind a famous 1 - 1 draw.

4 Likes

I think it will be a massacre but we’ll scrape through 1-0…

1 Like

He needs to concentrate on us and our strengths not theres if he does we win easily.

2 Likes

I don’t think they have any strengths for him to concentrate on :joy:

1 Like

Well no :rofl: :rofl:

We are setting ourselves up for a massive fall :rofl:

PS If any Southend fans ate reading this it’s not big dickery, it’s just that yowm even ■■■■■■■ than we.

2 Likes

We have to bloody win this one. I’ve not seen Southend this season apart from the goals that Harrogate put past them on the first day of the season and their defending was absolutely woeful.

I am not sticking my neck out to predict this one.

1 Like

It’s about time for a nice comfortable win, this is the team to do it against. No gifted goals or panic stations in the last 10 minuets, please!

1 Like

7-0, hat-trick apiece from Rimmer and Ishy, and an own goal from Demetriou.
Sam Mantom to turn down the chance to be expert summariser because he’s “too big for i follow” and is holding out for an offer from Sky Sports.

1 Like

Yes but how about from a Walsall perspective ! Lol :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I think we really do need to win this as a statement of intent that we are serious about promotion. Southends form speaks for itself, and whilst (unfortunately for us) they aren’t gifting goals like they were at the start of the season, they still look very susceptible in defense. See the headed goals conceded against Port Vale and Bradford.

I think Clarke needs to pick his strongest side, to make it clear we aren’t taking them lightly. Pick osadebe and Macdonald, and tell them to get plenty of crosses in for Elijah.

Roberts

Norman
Jules
Sadler
Nurse

MacDonald
Guthrie
Kinsella
Holden
Osadebe

Elijah

I’ll go for a 2-1 win Walsall. Us going 2-0 up early in the second half, before conceding a late goal and a nervy last few minutes.

Even I’m tempted to move away from my usual prediction of a draw.

2-0

Being a bit overplayed that, only failed to score in two league games this season and one of those was against 2nd place.

1 Like

I back us in these kinds of games, we’ve looked reasonable against the weaker teams in general. We outplayed Mansfield and were unlucky to draw. We outplayed Grimsby day one.

That said, lose here and serious questions will need to be asked. By the journalist and our chairman.

2 Likes

Yeah must admit I think our problem is way more complicated than not scoring enough goals, that’s always the accusation. I look at our strikers and don’t really worry too much (I know Lavery gets pelters but heyho).

I’m far more concerned with our shape, lack of quality on whatever wing McDonald isn’t playing on, the lack of quality on whatever wing McDonald is playing on when he has an off day. Our geriatric to error prone centre halves/defenders. Our shot stopping but bugger all else keeper and our deep lying uncreative midfielders.

1 Like

Agree with that, although I think the defence is OK bar the “free gift with every game”.

Surely the time to put Holden in central midfield?