Southend United (H) November 14th, 3pm

I remember when I saw us win 8-0 twice.

Once against Southport (Division IV) I recall clearly … what was the other one? :thinking:

We won 8-0 twice? or you have remembered it twice? :smile: :wink:

Action replay?

1 Like

Haven’t you heard him going balistic when they pass the ball backwards and don’t see the forward pass. I’m sure he is not coaching them to do that.

1 Like

I’ll pass on some advice my ‘old sports master’ used to give us when I played for the school football team.
“ Remember boys, if you score more goals than they do., you win “

1 Like

Yes but his lineup doesn’t encourage attacking football does it, our central midfield is anti football.

1 Like

St Gallen 8-0
Valkeakosken Haka 8-0
( give me a V was not a popular chant)

In the days when we were budding Champions of Europe.

2 Likes

St Gallen are a good team these days

1 Like

Two different teams - neither one was Southport.

1 Like

Yup **

(To make up the requisite five characters)

Going off the comments from some Southend fans I’ve been speaking to today we should be comfortably beating these today. No money, below-par management, a squad made up predominantly of their under 23’s, 2 points all season, outplayed comfortably by a non-league team (presume this was Boreham Wood).

That said, 3 points is key, not how many goals we score. I’d take a 1-0 if it was offered now, but we should be looking for more.

5 Likes

The way we are playing at the moment, i think that WE would struggle against Boreham Wood :grin: :wink:

3 Likes

I’m going for a double from ‘50p head’, Dan Scarr.

Having lulled the bookies into a false sense of security by saying he couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo for the past 2 years, I have now secured very healthy odds of 100-1.

I have donated £1 of my hard-earned cash to the Stoke City chairman and if a tidy cash sum comes my way by 5pm today, I shall celebrate by doing a ‘David Pleat’ run around my house (fully suited up) because I can’t exactly go out for a slap-up meal at the moment, can I?

Then again, I might be jumping the gun but I think my 100 pence bet shows that I have my betting habits under control :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not if Shaibu still plays for them! :joy:

2 Likes

One of my mates puts a 50p bet on every Walsall player to score every week, i think it payed off with Sadler the other week lol.

2 Likes

Having just checked Wikipedia, he is now playing in Denmark. I bet Ian Sharps cable bill must be through the roof! :laughing:

2 Likes

Gone back home then. Pretty sure he’s Danish.

Couldn’t give a stuff about JPT tbh, always a dead feel to that competition in normal times.

FA cup was against higher ranked team and scored v them.

You don’t have to be scoring 2 or 3 every week to make 7th really, that’s more for automatic promotion having to score around 80 goals and from what we’ve seen this season all round the 11 is a far way off that standard.

Port Vale in 7th only scored 12 league goals this season. Indeed only one team in league has scored over 20 goals so far so everyone else isn’t close to 2 goals every game ratio.

Many of these teams already played Southend so today is great chance to fill yer boots, would be pretty disappointing not to score 2 or 3 today given their massive issues.

Northampton away won 8-0.