Strikers we should be targeting for next season

Jamille Matt and Tom Nicholls to start with.

1 Like

A Jabo Ibehre type. Give me a new version of him any day. Someone with pace who can cause problems.

3 Likes

James Hanson anyone?

1 Like

I would

I liked him when he was at Middlesbrough. I think he is one of these that needs a home.

2 Likes

As people have mentioned, a lot of any transfer dealings will depend on the DoF and manger appointments. If the club get that wrong (again), we can forget about moving forward. However, get it right and bring some decent players in it may encourage fans to buy season tickets, something the club will desperately need.

2 Likes

For me got to keep lavery and Gordon as we wont ever have to worry about being hit in the face. Behind the goal if they ever shoot.

2 Likes

Kyle Wooton if Notts County don’t come up or Kabongo Tshimanga from Boreham Wood both seem to know where the net is and both a good age at 23 and 24 respectively.

1 Like

A lot of people think our budget is fine so we should definitely be able to afford these strikers, it should never be an issue.

Good player. Exactly the type of striker we need.

You’ve got more chance of the ball hitting you in the face than it hitting the back of the net with those two. :rofl:

1 Like

:joy: :wink:

1 Like

The two I mentioned yesterday were Jamill Matt and Andy Williams.

Matt is local but scored 16 for Forest Green so realistically either he stays there or moves up to league 1.

Williams got 8 for Cheltenham but is 34 so I reckon they’ll release him if they go up so could be a decent stop gap experienced frontman for a year while some younger strikers are signed and developed e.g. another Adebayo who had a couple of football league loans before turning up here.

Please no more freebie youth loans as they’ve been s*** for ages now.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Anyone with two feet and knows where the back of the net is.

2 Likes

In a heartbeat

Just read e&s and it looks like Lavery will be out for a few games so I think we need to be asking anyone who has played for a pub team or similar to turn up for the next game as they may be needed. Seems to be a number of injuries reading the article.

I reckon we should put James Clarke up front. His turn of pace will have them terrified

1 Like

Hopefully that’s the last we see of him in a Walsall shirt.

As bad as Lavery is, Gordon and Osei-Yaw are worse. Even less goal threat than we already had.

Watch it be painted as an excuse for drawing more games though.