Summer Transfer Rumours 2022

Plaid Cymru - with every packet of cornflakes!

https://twitter.com/efl_hub/status/1524395161475854336

2 Likes

Weir has that rumour come from?

11 Likes

Hopefully we’ll take the plunge and sign him, if theres other clubs in the mix we might not go chasing him.

2 Likes

If Cambridge and FGR on in for him that rules us out :rofl:

1 Like

The news about possible signings simply cascades in when the season has ended.

FGR are managerless and likely to loose a few to Watford now - Wilson, Adams are out of contract.

They need a good appointment very quickly.

Can’t see the job being all that attractive, like Salford you’d only go there for money.

They will never draw attendances to make their ambitions sustainable.

1 Like

I’m not sure, this seasons manager has landed a job with a Championship club that has a good chance of getting promotion again to the Prem, having taken FGR to their best finish ever. An ambitious young coach/manager would love to go to FGR, I would have thought, and if he keeps them in League One, and if they play some decent football, that will be noticed, just as Dean Smiths efforts here were noticed.
They are a well run club and I expect the FGR job to be very attractive.

3 Likes

Are they well run? Their owner has pumped millions into the club, as we know, to a proper well run club the owner needs to pump millions out!

7 Likes

Fair point. Plus, winning promotion, what sort of nonsense is that for a football club.

7 Likes

Exactly! Joke of a club!

3 Likes

Yep, I’d like Flynn to have a whole summer working with him alongside any new additions and hopefully he can reveal a solid performer in Rodney for next season. Same goes with Mayo, he started fairly well after all

1 Like

I think Haynes and Livermore from Newport and Joe Riley from Carlisle are realistic all free agents some of the names being banded about just aren’t realistic the way we operate we aren’t going to pay fees for that many player’s.

If we’re interested in him we should make our intentions known & rapids!

Rodney managed 11 goals in an average Vale team last season, so can’t be all bad.

Also I hope he gives Rollin a chance, he was probably our best CB until he signed permanently.

7 Likes

:smiley: try getting that on the back of a shirt.

1 Like

Some of the shirt sizes the club shop get in you probably could …

2 Likes

Yep…that was me. I think i said it after Carlisle had let him go about 3 years ago as well. Always remember him during their win at Bescot over the Christmas period

2 Likes

George Miller off to Bradford apparently.

1 Like