Survival Saturday Flow Chart

How annoyed would you be if you were a Peterborough fan? Brilliant performance by them tonight to win 2-3 at Portsmouth which makes the no show on Saturday all the more strange from their POV, they remain a point off play offs going into last game.

Like I said on Saturday they’ll be toasting aswell if Walsall go down, 1 win in last 12 games.

1 Like

One of two things is clearly going to happen…

We’ll be 2 up and coasting, as will both Sunderland & Plymouth. With a goal needed at Bradford for it all to fall into place, it duly arrives on 75… for Wimbledon. Curtains. Or…

… Scunthorpe, Sunderland, & Bradford all do the business. Shrewsbury’s keeper and woodwork both have an absolute blinder, & our game finishes 0-0. Curtains.

I just feel we’re relying on that one result too many, this time. That said, on Friday, I thought we’d be gone by now.

3 Likes

Sarfend v Sunerland is the sky live match on saturday.
Anyone going to get a sky pass and watch it on their phone at the Sloppies?

The most predictable thing about League One is that it’s so unpredictable that there is no point predicting anything.
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves and just concentrate on winning our game. Everything else is irrelevant if we don’t.

Our game is a shocker in all fairness, local derby, large home attendance… unfortunately the Shrews will be bang up for this one.

1 Like

Yep. On the plus side though our players shouldn’t need geeing up for this one. No one wants to be relegated but surely this is why you play football for, for massive games like this.

1 Like

I just gave a horrible feeling we will give away a penalty early on and be on the back foot. Certain players have tried to show how ‘up for it’ they are by being reckless.

3 Likes

I’ll be watching in one of the bars at St James park prior to the Newcastle game. Should be interesting if Sunderland score :flushed:

If we win I genuinely believe we will stay up, however this bunch of morons have struggled to put on a decent performance for 90 minutes since Christmas so I do fear they wont be able to put out another decent performance after Saturday.

Just to prove how close things are here is the confirmed list for league 2 next season:

2 Likes

The Mackems I know think Sunderland will probably lose. Their form has been poor recently. I told them I would be supporting them on Saturday - kiss of death for Sunderland then …

They have only won one out of last 6. I do think they will be up for it against Southend as they will want to turn their form round before play offs. That’s my in depth analysis ie wishful thinking!

1 Like

The chart could be simplified.

Walsall win? No -------> RELEGATION.
\/
Yes
\/
Plymouth win? No ------> Southend win? No ------> SAFETY
\/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\/
Yes… . . . . . . . . . . . . . …Yes
\/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . \/
Southend win? No ------> Wimbledon win or draw? No ---------> SAFETY
\/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . \/
Yes … . . . . . . . . . . . . . …Yes
\/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\/
RELEGATION … … . . . RELEGATION

1 Like

All day session, Geordie?! The Newcastle game dosen’t kick off until 7.45pm unless you mean just watching it in Shearer’s bar underneath the Gallowgate end.

Yes its gonna be a messy one! Probably 22 v 22 by the time I take my seat. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Checked today and Southend 2/1 to win, pretty good price in the circumstances.

Plymouth 6/5.

On the grand scale of things, why are we all getting excited about a dire end to a season, with a dire owner a dire manager and a dire squad :pensive:

Probably because (somehow) we managed to beat the Posh 3-0, mate! The same kind of thing has happened before as you well know.

That’s the Walsall way, sadly.

1 Like

Sad as it is this is our big game of the season . A game of real importance at the wrong end of the table . And for 90 minutes we need to give the team our full backing and more.

5 Likes

I do get it lads, i am secretly crossing my legs arms fingers and toes that we give ourselves a chance with winning on saturday, but don’t tell anyone :wink: even though i could predict what will happen over the next few seasons with bonzo in charge :neutral_face: