Survival Saturday Flow Chart

Sloppy fans have more fingers to cross than us…

5 Likes

I would think there would be little difference in achievement levels for both clubs over the last 30 years(?). At present, they are a bigger club than us I would say.

In the last 30 years they have spent most of their time below us. Even spent time in the 5th tier, somewhere we have never been.

1 Like

Our historic playing record against Shrewsbury is strong (W43 D28 L25), but we’ve been a definite bogey team for them since the mid 90’s. I’d say we’ve had the upper hand against them over the past thirty years, even if that has come to an abrupt end.

1 Like

Yes, I was suddenly reminded of the 2015 game there. I’m sure that was the midweek game when Whitney took charge and got our promotion challenge back on track, after O’Dismal.
There are times where 4 years ago might as well be another life.

1 Like

That game was before O’Dismal. I remember it well, 1st December. I had my heart attack that night!

Whitney had just taken over as interim hadn’t he? I remember watching O’Dismal’s first game on Sky from my “sick bed”. We beat Port Vale.

1 Like

Gosh Tinned, no wonder you remember it so well.
Hope you have the all clear now. *
That’s what supporting Walsall does for us!

• (insert appropriate phrase as required)

Cheers mate.

Yeah, it sticks in my memory. It always brings back memories when I return to Salop.

I did consider suing the club for partial responsibility at the time :wink:

:joy:

30 years of domination coming to an end. If not this season…

As much as it hurts to say it, the two clubs are going in completely different directions in every way, on and off the field.

Hard to believe they were in the Conference when we were in the Championship lol.

1 Like

Sloppies will probably go down next year.

Don’t think their fanbase rate their manager that much, did something radical and picked him up from Wrexham in non league…

I hope you’re right but I don’t see it myself. Looked fairly safe for most of this season and nearly went up last year.

Their fans wanted safe standing and their board bent over backwards to provide it. Gates are rising, following is rising, relationship with the board is good - but time will tell! Seems to me like they are all pulling together (and not sheep for once).

3 Likes

Wow, a board that actually engages.
Imagine that!!! :thinking: :confused:

5 Likes

Has Bonsor suggested that we all go and start supporting Shrewsbury yet?

1 Like

They were below Walsall and in the bottom 4 up to March 16th.

They had a great year last season and should’ve gone up but we’ve seen many clubs do that and then really slump afterwards…Orient, Tranmere, Chesterfield and indeed seems Walsall are now following that path.

Do commend them on the safe standing iniative.

They also allow flags/banners to be displayed at the back of their stands. Can you imagine our lot allowing that? You’d be expected to pay the going pitch side advertisement rates!

3 Likes

Now that the EFL has announced that Bolton are guilty of misconduct, given that they are not yet announcing their punishment, I’m wondering if they are waiting until all the final games are completed before pronouncing that they will play next season in League 2? They are already relegated from the Championship and have failed to complete their fixtures.
This could be a magic reprieve for us! (clutching at straws mode) with the EFL deciding that only 3 teams will be relegated form League 1 this season?

More likely a 10 point deduction. Any stattos out there know of a precedent for relegating to the league below?

Not exactly the same situation, but when Rangers went bust the re-formed club were admitted to the Scottish Third division - effectively a triple relegation.